Group Garage Space - Interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting idea, but ultimately someone is going to be stuck with the significant burden of being the head administrator. Do to the inherent risk of working on vehicles, (especially after a few :beer:), it would probably be best to have this venture under an LLC. So now someone has to form the LLC, file the taxes, deal with insurance, collect dues, chase down delinquents, manage the scheduling, clean up after an irresponsible person covers the place in Birfield grease, etc. Said person may need to be compensated for their efforts as part of the annual dues. If you figure that a member might use the facilities 7 days (?) a year, then you could split the cost across 52 members.

I think I would be inclined to beef up the loan-a-tool program and let people fend for themselves for the garage space. As for socializing...that's not allowed anymore.:flipoff2:

1599499304980.jpeg

You should definitely stay at home.
And you need to think this through a little more. I am seriously interested and would like a space for a lift and tube bender to do some work. I would just want some ground rules agreed on up front to keep things simple and working smooth. I would be willing to split the cost on the compressor and building some shop tables and such. If we could split the space up 5 ways so each person has their space I can see this working. If there was a place to park a trailer for hauling trucks that would be even better.

I will continue to hang out at what used to be Kevin's shop - expert cruiser wrenchers, tools galore, and good times and memories :cheers: - sometimes, they even fix something on my cruisers :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom