GROUP BUY - MMP Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As per discussions in another thread some have mentioned they are having issues with fitment on the provided hard lines. Is there an easy solution? Can you run braided stainless steel lines instead?

Yes you can if you wish.
I spoke to Luke @MMPTurbos about this kit issue yesterday.
He acknowledges and apologized for the error and I'm sure he will be in contact with you soon @MonsterCruiser about a replacement oil feed banjo fitting.
He said the oil drain issue is solved by using the o-ring drain pipe supplied with the hose to fit it being slid inside the factory hose and clamped as the inner diameter of the stock oil drain hose fits the external diameter of the hose supplied.

Hi all,

First and foremost, I would like to unreservedly apologise for the sever lack of communication.

I feel that everyone involved in the group buy is entitled to an in-depth explanation of this.

I would like to take the time now, as we have been able to sort out the sudden and unexpected challenges that we have faced at the time of this group buy. From a supper point of view every step we took to resolve supply chain issues resulted in more and more steps backwards and it has highlighted a massive weak link in our procurement system. The only way we see feasible to solve this to too hold a greater amount of stock rather than heavily rely on our suppliers to have this stock on hand. We also had a personal challenge that resulted in the workshop being closed for 2 weeks.

So now let’s deal with the issues that I am aware of atm;

The first issue - Missed time line for delivery - Our supplier of all the banjo's, banjo bolt's, tube nuts and tube sleeves is Speedflow. The whole and sole reason we use Speedflow is not that they are the cheapest in fact they are the most expensive on the market BUT all the alloy components (tube nuts and tube sleeves) are hard anodised. This means that the anodising is completely through the whole material so they will not show any tooling marks when being used over and over again, if they are scratched you will not see bright exposed alloy and the fittings do not deform the sealing face like other cheaper brands. Speedflow Banjos and banjo bolts are made from steel not alloy, meaning that they never deform from use, being dropped and do not fatigue like the cheaper alloy ones do over time from vibrations.

In my own mind if I supplied alternative alloy components made to a lower standard and the end user has a catastrophic failure from the lower standard component failing is not an option. I would prefer to take the time and explain the reasons for my decision and run the risk of having negative feedback from customers regarding meeting time frames for delivery vs the customer having that catastrophic failure and risk worst case scenario killing and engine.

The second issue raised - "Lack of communication via emails” – Yes I did ask each participant for their own feedback regarding what they required from their own assembly. The participants who did reply, did so in a highly detailed manor and gave me more than enough information that I required to customise that specific assembly to those requirements.

Thank you for the feedback regarding that there was not reply from myself as this has highlighted an area I need to improve on for customer service. Even though I had the information I required, I should have sent an acknowledgment to the participants email stating this and giving clear and concise information regarding the specifications of that assembly.

The third issue raised - "No banjo bolt for the block" - I must take full and complete responsibility for this as I personally packed each box. The banjo for the block is a 12mm steel banjo to -4AN fitting and the OEM banjo bolt is able to be retained. I have contacted Speedflow yesterday after speaking with diby 2000 and I have organised for these to be sent out as we have none in stock. Once these are in stock I will be sending the banjo out too everyone to complete the oil feed.

The fourth issue raised - "Oil drain does not fit the OEM drain for the block" – I will be 110% honest and frank this has not been an issue in the past simply I must acknowledge due to the fact most on my customers are quiet well versed in the differences between journal bearing and ball bearing turbos and this is inherent change. It has been a short sighted issue on my behalf. Once again after speaking with Diby 2000 I have 2 possible solutions and I would like input from all participants as this will be how all kits from this point on-wards will be offered as.

(1) Supply a heavy-duty wire core rubber hose with and OD of 19mm and an ID of 12mm. The hose would then be able to be slid into the existing OEM drain hose and onto the oil drain hose end and clamped

(2) supply an alloy adaptor from 12mm to 19mm and supply oil safe hose from the oil drain hose end to the adaptor and clamps for both ends (This is my preferred option as there is a positively secured clamping point for both)

I would please like to offer the opportunity to all to provide feedback no matter how plain and frank it is as it welcome from my point of view.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting @MMPTurbos and clarifying.

I think my preference for the oil drain would be option 2 for the positive camping points.

So this looks like it kinda died. Can anyone report success stories or say they are happy with the outcome of using an MMP Turbo?

@diby 2000 do you know how this all turned out for the members? I’ve been searching for info on MMP turbo for a FTE, but it’s hard to find, everyone just says use a Gturbo

The group buy did go through. I'm not 100% sure how everyone else is tracking.

After a few tries, Let me just say that I am running a Gturbo for a few years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom