Group buy for LCA Aux tanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How does the group buy work? Will we get a code or something and go buy on their website?

How does the group buy work? Will we get a code or something and go buy on their website?
TBD!

I'm not terribly impressed with the offer of a $200 discount. I'm sure their margins are tight like a lot of folks these days, especially if they deal in imports. That said, I'm wondering if we get a big enough group, could we leverage numbers for a greater discount. They said no up front, but I'd ask again if we had a big enough order.

Did they say how many orders they needed?

Wow. IIRC only a few years ago these could be had for $1300 + shipping during their black friday sale.

Exactly. Not only that, but add install, swing out for the spare, beefier springs, etc…I’m $8-10k deep in a mod where a pair of $60 Jerry cans do me just fine 80% of the time. Love the idea but every time I do the math it winds up being a pass.

Wow. IIRC only a few years ago these could be had for $1300 + shipping during their black friday sale.
Might be more than a few years ago, historical revisionism, or wishful thinking. When I bought in 2020, they were $2095 plus freight.

And, if you do the 12.5 gallon, you could still run a spare in the factory location without any need to add a rear bumper with swingout.

Even the top shelf Dissent rear bumper with both swingouts and the LRA didn't run $8k combined.

Exactly. Not only that, but add install, swing out for the spare, beefier springs, etc…I’m $8-10k deep in a mod where a pair of $60 Jerry cans do me just fine 80% of the time. Love the idea but every time I do the math it winds up being a pass.

I am right there with you on this, as much as I'd like one it's just not making sense at the moment when I still need bumpers, winch, drawers, etc.

UPDATE: I spoke with LRA and they will give a $200 break for only 200 Series Land Cruiser tanks, irrespective of tank size and number of buyers. Best they can do currently.

If you haven't already replied, do so below if you are interested and I will begin putting together a list.
I am likely interested.

Just curious but is anyone running an LRA 24 or 40 tank not over the GVVR weight when loaded out for a trip? Seems like bumpers + aux tank + drawers would put you over the GVVR without any gear.

This is coming together well, we have a decent number of interested buyers.

I have messaged anyone here that expressed interest. If I missed you, please reach out!

I'd like to grow our numbers a bit more if possible and I am actively attempting that across multiple platforms. Float ideas if you have them beyond Mud, Exped Portal and Facebook (that's all I do). I would like to try bargaining down the price to something closer or equal to their BF offering. I have several long range trips planned this spring and summer and so I will not be waiting for the end of the year to buy. The current offer stands regardless of whether we add more buyers.

When it's time to buy, Khris at LRA will provide us a discount code to be used within a TBD window of time and we can each proceed with purchases individually.

Thanks ya'll!

- Andy

Just curious but is anyone running an LRA 24 or 40 tank not over the GVVR weight when loaded out for a trip? Seems like bumpers + aux tank + drawers would put you over the GVVR without any gear.
...this inquiry gets into historically 'don't ask don't tell' territory, and typically leaves non-AUS owners throwing suspension and other bits at the truck to get as close as possible to 'it's pretty much a GVM/GCM upgrade like the Aussies do' neighborhood. If you do end up identifying as heavy, know that the helpful RCTIP feature on this site (scholar/gentleman) will throw DTC 0001 (TLC Lb - x Lb: Add Vehicle Lightness).

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED; this now open to all and LRA agreed to include other LC Series so the offer is not limited to 200 Series as it was initially. If you have questions about fit, double check with them.

AndyWins350 - This is for the group at $350 off per tank. Code is good until 3/31/23.

- Andy

Last edited:
Might be more than a few years ago, historical revisionism, or wishful thinking. When I bought in 2020, they were $2095 plus freight.
I got mine 2019 Black Friday:
“Thank you for your enquiry. Your kit is in stock at $1,795 minus $200 sale discount = $1,595.
Shipping to commercial address for scheduled delivery with fork lift on site is $195.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom