Group Buy: Big Country 4x4 LC200/LX570 welded aluminum racks, drawers, load bars - One week only! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahhh!!! Just saw this and got super excited then saw this group buy has already passed! I am interested in the double drawer system and have a buddy potentially interested in the 270 degree awning and the Penthouse XL Tent. I know most 270 degree awnings interfere with the US style rear hatch but this one looks like it actually has a fair bit of clearance. Any first hand experience with that awning on the US spec 200's?

Shot you a PM
Good question - I will need to get back to you on the US 200 spec vs SA spec - However the actual height of the awning is a function of the type of rack you have, the type on installation bracket you are using and the eventual height relative to the vehicle. Our mounting kits have variable heights built into their design so there is a 3.5" difference between the "high" and "low" mounts on our standard kits.

The awning does not care about being pushed from below if it is around the middle of the door where the contact is made. Simply place a 3" long, 1/2" thick gray foam tape on the arm at the spot where it will make contact and the awning will be fine. The only real issue/concern is when the impact point is close to the vehicle (like the rear spoiler) contacting very early on the arm closer to the hinge, that will likely damage the rear spoiler due to the amount of pressure seen by it.

Re: 200VX drawer and XL Tent: we have both in stock in Houston - The tents are no longer on pre-order status (we had them on deep pre-order specials for about 9 months) but we can offer you a pre-order discount on the drawers if you want to wait for our next shipment (Arriving in late May/early June) if you want to avoid the MSRP pricing.

Theo

Good question - I will need to get back to you on the US 200 spec vs SA spec - However the actual height of the awning is a function of the type of rack you have, the type on installation bracket you are using and the eventual height relative to the vehicle. Our mounting kits have variable heights built into their design so there is a 3.5" difference between the "high" and "low" mounts on our standard kits.

The awning does not care about being pushed from below if it is around the middle of the door where the contact is made. Simply place a 3" long, 1/2" thick gray foam tape on the arm at the spot where it will make contact and the awning will be fine. The only real issue/concern is when the impact point is close to the vehicle (like the rear spoiler) contacting very early on the arm closer to the hinge, that will likely damage the rear spoiler due to the amount of pressure seen by it.

Re: 200VX drawer and XL Tent: we have both in stock in Houston - The tents are no longer on pre-order status (we had them on deep pre-order specials for about 9 months) but we can offer you a pre-order discount on the drawers if you want to wait for our next shipment (Arriving in late May/early June) if you want to avoid the MSRP pricing.

Theo

Theo, thanks for the reply! I was trying to eyeball from the photos on your website and it looked like the rear hatch spoiler could possibly sit between the arms and not make contact but its hard to tell from photos. Every other 270 degree awning I have seen interferes with the rear hatch and requires removal of the spoiler, a limit strap on the rear hatch or other creative solution. This is the only thing preventing me (And probably a ton of others) from going the 270 degree awning route on the 200. Very curious to know what you find out!

I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info. Maybe we can catch up tomorrow, I am definitely interested in the drawers and I think my buddy is ready to order the tent as well.

Ryan

View attachment 2637000View attachment 2637002

Update time! We are currently sailing past Cuba and have been making good time. Still set for port of Houston Apr 12-14 window. We are (I am) already building pallets for all the shipments. Fun times and in my spare time I may start framing houses because I am in still in the honeymoon period with the framing nailer and think it is light. After 60 pallets I will provide feedback. I bet it will feel much, much heavier.

Lately we have seen customs and port operations take about 7-10 business days from the time the vessel offloads to the time our container is in the warehouse for unpacking. The container was - FULL - so I promise 3 things:

1. We are working now to have every custom pallet ready for each drawer/rack/tent/etc before the container is offloaded
2. It takes time to unload a container this size and palletize/strap each item. We will likely not sleep much until the last pallet is out the door
3. Getting your goods on the road is all I will be focused on while I do it

What you can do to help:
Check your email for shipping confirmation emails and subsequent shipping invoices.

We will be focused on getting boxes strapped to pallets and out the door. If your confirmation or your payment is not received we will likely only get back to your order once everything else is out the door, so please help us help everyone.

I look forward to the crazy weeks ahead and beyond. Thank you all for your trust, patience and business.

Theo

I can offer you 2 hours of free labor. I’m good at using a push broom, lifting boxes, and using sand paper.

Update:
We have been busy - sorry for those who we have not responded to. The last week has been a bit hectic trying to get all the invoices out, pallets completed and shipments set up.
First batch of drawers left today, with more shipments leaving daily.

Next up is combo shipments and UPS pickups for the tailgate covers and gull wing windows.

For the UPS packages (gull wings, tail gate covers, etc) we are not going to wait on each person paying their shipping invoice before we ship it - we will collect it after shipment since the series processing will cause too much delay for everyone else (I have limited hours in the day, better to spend it packing and shipping than chasing emails). A risk - but we trust this community so please check for those invoices when they come in.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

Theo
Shipment.jpg

Shipment2.jpg

I installed my Drawers today in a 2013 LX 570. It was pretty simple, the directions are minimal but it is pretty easy to figure out. The only issue I ran into was the bolts provided to hold the rear brackets together were a bit short. I spoke with Theo and it seems because of the carpet and extra sound deadening material in the LX it raised the drawers a bit much. I ran to Ace Hardware and got some longer bolts, problem solved.

Install is about an hour as advertised. If I had to take them out and reinstall it would be a 30 min job. You do need two people to lift it up and slide the drawers in, the rest you can do solo.

Here are some pics. Third pic shows the gap between the rear brackets where a longer bolt is needed.

The drawers are great, very solid and well built. And well packaged, they could have air dropped them and there would have been zero damage.

There is no noise from them. My short (2 mile each way) to Ace to get new bolts produced zero rattling or noise and the road is like a minefield. They are SOLID. The side wings fit perfectly, I did not need to trim them at all. So far an great product overall.

IMG_20210516_154813288.jpg

IMG_20210516_154848496.jpg

IMG_20210516_134416675.jpg

I missed all this commotion.........Fantastic to have you in Houston. Definitely want some drawers.

JIm

These look very nice indeed! I too wish that I'd seen this a while back when the group buy was active. This last weekend, my wife and I attended the Outdoor Adventure Expo down in SLC hoping to see more drawer options but none of the vendors were out. I'll be doing more research in the coming months.

These look very nice indeed! I too wish that I'd seen this a while back when the group buy was active. This last weekend, my wife and I attended the Outdoor Adventure Expo down in SLC hoping to see more drawer options but none of the vendors were out. I'll be doing more research in the coming months.
We will be at Expo West in Flagstaff in September and at Texas Avid Outdoor expo in October. Expo’s are great but very expensive for a small company to attend, however my 2022 plan is Expo East, West and Mountain while also launching a brand new truck product at the very event you just attended - which is more for the general outdoor adventure enthusiast - we gathered at least.

@RuggedBound any future GX460 group buys coming up? 🇨🇦
We can't keep them in stock so no plans for a group buy but if you want to order a pre-order one we have a 10% discount code for you so you can call dibs on the next shipment (already built, loading by the end of the month in South Africa and planned to be here end of April). I believe we have 2 GX460's available in that batch still at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom