Group Buy: Big Country 4x4 LC200/LX570 welded aluminum racks, drawers, load bars - One week only! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RuggedBound

Supporting Vendor
Threads
As promised, we are offering a pre-order group buy exclusively to the IH8MUD forum to celebrate our IH8MUD vendor account launch.

For those who missed our forum introduction: we are a Houston, TX based importer & distributor for South African off-road brands who are not yet present in the US. We have spent the last 18+ months creating the foundation for our company and had booths at Overland Expo West & East '19, sponsored KOAR.UP in Michigan this year and set up several product ambassadors to help get some products out there and in the hands of future customers.

About Big Country 4x4: Big Country 4x4 has been manufacturing Land Rover and Land Cruiser products for 2+ decades in South Africa and we are the proud distributors of their products. While they have a 200+ page catalog we have started with a core group: The Ostrich Wing 270 awning, the Penthouse XL hard shell RTT and selections of their welded roof racks and Savute series of drawers. We worked hard to establish a local inventory while *no-one* knew anything about the brand. To help introduce them to the US market we produced a short company profile video posted to our youtube channel:

To celebrate our MUD vendor status we are offering to following amazing deals. There will be a lot of questions about the products and we will answer them all as fast as we can - but please check out the product brochures on the racks and drawers attached.

Shipping: Freight (racks/drawers) and UPS Ground (load bars) from Houston via our discounted rates: budget for $150-170 for a rack or drawer. We will however quote these out for every sale and charge you exactly the resulting cost, no more. If you buy a drawer and a rack we can ship them together, saving about $80 on total freight.

Timing: This group buy will coincide with our 1st shipment of 2021, scheduled for mid-March departure from South Africa, mid-April 2021 arrival in Houston

Limits: We will limit this offer to the first 20 racks, 20 drawers and 20 sets of Gull Wings

Offer cut-off is Jan 16th - to ensure everything is ready for the March boat.

Payments: 50% deposit secures your build, balance due by Feb 16th 2021
To order: PM us on MUD your order, email address, shipping address and phone number - an invoice will be raised via our website and sent to your email to execute.
---- Admin Edit: new members need to FIRST reply in this thread THEN use the PM system

Roof Racks: (fully welded aluminum from all custom extrusions, mounted via custom 3/16" thick tracks fixed to OEM holes, no rivet nuts, no rack assembly needed - ready to mount)
Full Size Rack MSRP $1580 Group Buy $1010 + freight from Houston (dynamic rating 700lbs)
3/4 Rack
MSRP $1390 Group Buy $900 + freight from Houston (dynamic rating 530lbs)

Savute Drawers:
(galvanized steel, aluminum, black powder coat, automotive carpet cover, side trim panels (except GX460 seat mount)
These drawers are made only for these vehicles and provide 70% more space (twin drawers model) inside vs popular competition while also being lower profile than most other brands
Savute Combo Drawer MSRP $2490 Group Buy $1743 + freight from Houston
Savute Twin Drawer MSRP $1650 Group Buy $1080 + freight from Houston
Savute Single drawer + Fridge platform
MSRP $1050 Group Buy $760 + freight from Houston

1 week - let's see how many orders we can slot in! Let the questions begin!

Theo

RR90-LC200-Roof-rack-4-deep-etched.jpg

RR94-LC200-Roof-rack-7-scaled.jpg

LC200-Roof-rack-1 (1).jpg

V127-LC200-Combo-drawer-system-2.jpg
LC200-GX-Drawer-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. What is the assembly/install like for the twin drawer system? Also, are there an attachment/tie points on the top of the twin drawers?

Hi guys. What is the assembly/install like for the twin drawer system? Also, are there an attachment/tie points on the top of the twin drawers?
Extremely easy to install - you just need a friend to help slide it in safely and nudge the drawer when aligning the brackets to the OEM holes. All-OEM bolt holes used to bolt the Big Country brackets to the vehicle. Should not take more than an hour for a first-time install. We can knock them out in 25 minutes.

The top deck is made of .75" engineered laminar wood made specifically for load carrying. The standard surface is only carpet with the intent you can customize your bolt-on's as you prefer- but you can add optional L-track sections to the order. They are through-bolted to the deck. We can supply those pre-installed or loose, with hardware and eye bolts/cargo clips for your preferred install locations at a nominal cost. Some folks prefer lateral vs longitudinal rails - hence the clean canvas approach.

Have anymore detailed pics or a video walkthrough of the twin drawers?

Looks nice. Do you have a link to any reviews or any customer feedback?
Sadly - South Africa is a bit old school when it comes to online reviews and youtube posts. These drawers are mainly installed at fitment centers/overland/4x4 shops the size of our Bass Pro Shops (paradise).

I run them in my 80 series but my opinion shouldn't count - of course. This is partly why our marketing plan includes offering these amazing products at 30% less than the retail prices - we are trying to gain an organic following and create advocates who will post exactly what you are looking for to help drive the brand awareness in the US market.

I can offer you some solace in a recent 4Runner prototype install video here (you can skip to 3minute mark unless you want to hear my product background info)
and a FJ Cruiser install video with some comments on the drawer by a 3rd party here
My own FJ Cruiser drawer overview video is here

If you need to see more about who makes these drawers .. its this guy

Big Country 4x4 also sponsors a husband and wife African self-driving touring safari & training academy company called Ultimate Adventures - the Big Country 4x4 products are intended for full time users in expedition conditions and they have chosen to partner with Big Country 4x4 - they have a 200VX rig walk through here, with the drawer featured around the 2:30 minute mark.

Thanks for reading this far :)

Theo

Any deals on the awnings?

How do we order at the group buy price? Web site shows "Sold Out" Thanks.
Sorry - the "how to order" info is buried in the middle of our group buy post: send us a PM on Mud with your name, email, phone # and address - we will issue a deposit invoice from our website that will take you to a checkout page.
We will do so again for the balance of the order and when it is time to ship.

As promised, we are offering a pre-order group buy exclusively to the IH8MUD forum to celebrate our IH8MUD vendor account launch.

For those who missed our forum introduction: we are a Houston, TX based importer & distributor for South African off-road brands who are not yet present in the US. We have spent the last 18+ months creating the foundation for our company and had booths at Overland Expo West & East '19, sponsored KOAR.UP in Michigan this year and set up several product ambassadors to help get some products out there and in the hands of future customers.

About Big Country 4x4: Big Country 4x4 has been manufacturing Land Rover and Land Cruiser products for 2+ decades in South Africa and we are the proud distributors of their products. While they have a 200+ page catalog we have started with a core group: The Ostrich Wing 270 awning, the Penthouse XL hard shell RTT and selections of their welded roof racks and Savute series of drawers. We worked hard to establish a local inventory while *no-one* knew anything about the brand. To help introduce them to the US market we produced a short company profile video posted to our youtube channel:

To celebrate our MUD vendor status we are offering to following amazing deals. There will be a lot of questions about the products and we will answer them all as fast as we can - but please check out the product brochures on the racks and drawers attached.

Shipping: Freight (racks/drawers) and UPS Ground (load bars) from Houston via our discounted rates: budget for $150-170 for a rack or drawer. We will however quote these out for every sale and charge you exactly the resulting cost, no more. If you buy a drawer and a rack we can ship them together, saving about $80 on total freight.

Timing: This group buy will coincide with our 1st shipment of 2021, scheduled for mid-March departure from South Africa, mid-April 2021 arrival in Houston

Limits: We will limit this offer to the first 20 racks, 20 drawers and 20 sets of Gull Wings

Offer cut-off is Jan 16th - to ensure everything is ready for the March boat.

Payments: 50% deposit secures your build, balance due by Feb 16th 2021
To order: PM us on MUD your order, email address, shipping address and phone number - an invoice will be raised via our website and sent to your email to execute.

Roof Racks
: (fully welded aluminum from all custom extrusions, mounted via custom 3/16" thick tracks fixed to OEM holes, no rivet nuts, no rack assembly needed - ready to mount)
Full Size Rack MSRP $1580 Group Buy $1010 + freight from Houston (dynamic rating 700lbs)
3/4 Rack
MSRP $1390 Group Buy $900 + freight from Houston (dynamic rating 530lbs)

Savute Drawers:
(galvanized steel, aluminum, black powder coat, automotive carpet cover, side trim panels (except GX460 seat mount)
These drawers are made only for these vehicles and provide 70% more space (twin drawers model) inside vs popular competition while also being lower profile than most other brands
Savute Combo Drawer MSRP $2490 Group Buy $1743 + freight from Houston
Savute Twin Drawer MSRP $1650 Group Buy $1080 + freight from Houston
Savute Single drawer + Fridge platform
MSRP $1050 Group Buy $760 + freight from Houston

1 week - let's see how many orders we can slot in! Let the questions begin!

Theo

View attachment 2550882
View attachment 2550883
View attachment 2550884
View attachment 2550880View attachment 2550881

You may want to confirm fitment of the roof rack with the shark fin antenna on US spec vehicles. ARB failed to do this on their new Base Rack series and they’re now scrambling to engineer a fix.

Last edited:
You may want to confirm fitment of the roof rack with the shark fin antenna on US spec vehicles. ARB failed to do this on their new Base Rack series and they’re now scrambling to engineer a fix.
Great point. The Big Country 4x4 racks have an even amount of floor planks, and they run front to back. This leaves a nice open space for the GPS antenna usually. On the GX460 it is a tight fit but it fits.

If you can supply me with some dims of the fin height and distance from the rear body gap line to the point where the fin is tallest, and the absolute mounting location measurements I can quickly confirm the fit clears the rear-most load bar.

Great point. The Big Country 4x4 racks have an even amount of floor planks, and they run front to back. This leaves a nice open space for the GPS antenna usually. On the GX460 it is a tight fit but it fits.

If you can supply me with some dims of the fin height and distance from the rear body gap line to the point where the fin is tallest, and the absolute mounting location measurements I can quickly confirm the fit clears the rear-most load bar.
The highest point of the antenna is 2.5" above the roofline. That point is 3.25" from the lift-gate body gap.

"I would rather be lucky than good" - Lefty Gomez

The 80 rack, pictured, gives you an idea of the size of the gap in the GPS antenna zone.
90189EBF-0791-4D94-AFE8-480719FD3DEA.jpeg

The 200 rack sits about 1/2” from the body gap, and the 3.25” gps “peak” position will be well clear of the extrusions. The rack sits about 1.25” above the peak so it will not be hit by anything loaded onto the rack.
08E11E29-7F3C-4212-A902-940E615447C1.jpeg

What's the group buy price on the 270 awning?
John,
The awning is a high runner for us and we try to always have it in stock - we only stocked out once last year due to Covid delays but that has been resolved.

We can definitely give you a 10% MUD discount. We now have them in grey also.

Theo

Three questions, one confirmation:

1. How wide is the space between the top edge of the drawer (looks like there's a bit of an overhang) and the wheel well in the single drawer version? Trying to figure out if my dog kennel will fit next to the drawer.
2. If I later determine that I want the second drawer, can I retrofit to the single drawer kit?
3. Is local pickup in Houston available?

Finally, to confirm -- the single drawer can be placed on either side of the vehicle, as stated, correct?

Thanks

Three questions, one confirmation:

1. How wide is the space between the top edge of the drawer (looks like there's a bit of an overhang) and the wheel well in the single drawer version? Trying to figure out if my dog kennel will fit next to the drawer.
2. If I later determine that I want the second drawer, can I retrofit to the single drawer kit?
3. Is local pickup in Houston available?

Finally, to confirm -- the single drawer can be placed on either side of the vehicle, as stated, correct?

Thanks
TexDux,
Thanks for the questions.
1. I will have that measurement for you ASAP - forwarded this to the Big Country 4x4 guys.
2. The drawer is not forward compatible to become a twin drawer
3. Yes, free local pickup is available .

Theo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom