Grounding Slee Rear Bumper for CB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any suggestions on best ways to go about grounding the tire carrier swing arm of the Slee rear bumper?

I took my truck to a CB shop to check-out due to poor CB performance, and they told me that the problem is with poor grounding for my antenna on the tire carrier. I have the antenna mounted on the Slee tire carrier swing out, and am trying to find a good way to ground it--I guess the connection through the spindle/wheel bearings is not good enough?

Anybody have similar challenges with getting a good ground on the tire carrier? any ideas?

i don't have a CB or Slee bumper on my Cruiser, but since you've already mounted the CB antenna to the swingout, why not try putting a length of grounding wire that connects the swingout to the main body or frame? this way it grounds through a somewhat solid connection instead of trying to pass current through bearing/spindle grease.

The problem is with the powder coating I think. After i put the jumper on the antenna my SNR dropped dramitically.

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg

I drilled a hole in the carrier and added a bolt. The CB antenna I bought had a ground wire with an eye loop, which I put under the bolt. Haven't had a chance to test it, but the measurement indicated a good ground. When latched, the latching mechanism also provides a ground path through the rest of the bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom