Grommet to fill hole in top of rear cargo hatch, Passenger side, where to source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
My new 60 has rusty rear upper hatch, I just discovered why, one of the grommets on the top of the upper rear hatch is missing (passenger side, no wires), and when it rains (*like today) it fills with water... I bet the inside is rusty AF.

Does anyone know where I can source a rubber grommet on the correct size to fix the hole?

I tried SOR but didn't find it..

Thanks

E-

Last edited:
These holes? Thanks @TheNeek for pic

If its the oval hole in the tailgate at the top, these are long gone, you'll have to find this piece used or nos if you are lucky. It is meant to house the hose for the washer nozzle.

1599116316840.png

My new 60 has rusty rear upper hatch, I just discovered why, one of the grommets on the top of the upper rear hatch is missing (passenger side, no wires), and when it rains (*like today) it fills with water... I bet the inside is rusty AF.

Does anyone know where I can source a rubber grommet on the correct size to fix the hole?

Thanks

E-
These holes? Thanks @TheNeek for pic

If its the oval hole in the tailgate at the top, these are long gone, you'll have to find this piece used or nos if you are lucky. It is meant to house the hose for the washer nozzle.

View attachment 2424836

if someone can supply me with the exact Oval Long Point to Long Point dimensions in millimeters only ,

if round circle grommet , then simple one long point of steel sheet metal thue hole is required ...

i just might very likely have a solid Delete grommet match , i have several dozen different size spec. oem Toyota oval grommets in my live specimens collection , and most if not all are good part #'s still globally , if not USA spec. any more .....

so : the exact even numbers ID or inside dimensions / Lenght mm x Width mm of the Steel Metal thru hole in the door panel , NOT the outside dimensions of a same in kind grommet

use a caliper here too NOT a tape measure please

thanks

oh , thanks @mattressking for posting the pics from @TheNeek ,
this is how we make it happen ! :cool:

Last edited:
if someone can supply me with the exact Oval Long Point to Long Point dimensions in millimeters only ,

if round circle grommet , then simple one long point of steel sheet metal thue hole is required ...

i just might very likely have a solid Delete grommet match , i have several dozen different size spec. oem Toyota oval grommets in my live specimens collection , and most if not all are good part #'s still globally , if not USA spec. any more .....

so : the exact even numbers ID or inside dimensions / Lenght mm x Width mm of the Steel Metal thru hole in the door panel , NOT the outside dimensions of a same in kind grommet

use a caliper here too NOT a tape measure please

thanks

oh , thanks @mattressking for posting the pics from @TheNeek ,
this is how we make it happen ! :cool:
How about if I send you a spare I have laying around :) ? It has a tear in the portion between the two grommets, so it may not work for @caladin, but it will get you the measurements you need.

@ToyotaMatt Do you need me to measure the sheetmetal long point oval opening? I've got a set of digital calipers.

Yes ,

please

is this a oval hole or a round Hole ?

If round I have this sorted out and will be sending out a complimentary new OEM professionals sample today

My microfiche shows both end ones as round

and

only the center one that the washer jets hose travels through as a oval ?

can anyone confirm This ?

The holes are both oval, one in the truck one in the hatch, both left side and right mine is an 82 may have changed later.

I think the washer is the right answer,

So I don't' think round plugs will fit..

I couldn't find my digital caliper, i tried photos with a clear MM ruler over it for estimation, but it didn't come out.

XXXanybody have the exact name or part number for the washer hose grommet thing?

FOUND IT, here is the part diagram with the part number,

TOYOTA REAR WASHER

82819-90a00 GROMMET, WIRING HARN

82819-90A00 - Genuine Toyota GROMMET, WIRING HARN

hatch does have rear wiper.

Thanks

Last edited:
If the hatch is already rusted and the plumbing for the rear washer is gone, either hog the hole out with a step drill and stick a hardware store grommet in or put a piece of roof tape on it. Sure it’s a ghetto fix, but no one will see it.

When I was restoring the rear gate lid, I tried ordering this 'Protector' from a few places overseas and Japan and it's completely NLA -- Would be an excellent part to reproduce.

it's listed every were as "standard part", I wonder if it was used on lots of vehicles

it's listed every were as "standard part", I wonder if it was used on lots of vehicles
@ToyotaMatt Do you need me to measure the sheetmetal long point oval opening? I've got a set of digital calipers.

YES Please ,

i need those tech. spec. data measurements now , i can check to see if i have this ...............now Unicorn grommet in stock .. 🤔

Matt...this was going to be the next item to tell you about a repro!

Thanks

E-

now that we know what exact part is needed , :idea:

I can remember I have more then a few full 60 series harnesses sections in climate control status
Out building # 3 :rolleyes:

I need a shop apprentice like tomorrow badly .... !

1599206935215.png

49C12451-B771-4FFA-B247-7E6289A18972.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
@NCFJ utilized a near factory replacement he found on one of his midnight madness searches. Can't remember which build but if you comb thru his build threads, tons of useful tips, part substitution, etc.

Or you could fill it, tap a new standard grommet hole, and not have to worry about it in the future.

I ordered these from fleabay to see how close they are ... I'll post up if they work.

1599859077086.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom