Grom Vline VL2 Install-defective unit-experiment over. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Laserman2020 I have experienced the same thing with my 17 LX. Everything works great but the system does not get very loud when compared to cd or radio. I talked to grom about this and they recommended unplugging the OEM 16 pin connector. Any idea what does not work when the 16 pin
Laserman2020 I have experienced the same thing with my 17 LX. Everything works great but the system does not get very loud when compared to cd or radio. I talked to grom about this and they recommended unplugging the OEM 16 pin connector. Any idea what does not work when the 16 pin connector is removed?

All the radio controls and inputs seem to work fine. I did not check the rear entertainment aux inputs.

All the radio controls and inputs seem to work fine. I did not check the rear entertainment aux inputs.
Great thanks. I just responded to the open inquiry I have with Grom. Hopefully they can tell me what the 16 pin connector actually does.

Great thanks. I just responded to the open inquiry I have with Grom. Hopefully they can tell me what the 16 pin connector actually does.

“Usually only AUX IN is there. But in some configurations they may have more functionalities. Depends on vehicle.” from Grom.

Last edited:
Bump - Considering the vline2 for carplay . What was the end result here? Was any functionality lost unplugging the OEM 16 pin? Did audio quality improve?

I have not had an opportunity to unplug the 16 pin connector yet. I did verify that the rear aux outlets are active while the 16 pin is connected. However, I don't think I will need the aux plugs long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom