Grom VLine (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve also been in touch with them. Not sure what the difference is between the mirror with dongle vs stand-alone if you only want the CarPlay/android auto function.

I will be interested in seeing just how well their system integrates with the factory functions. Example: Will I have to exit Android Auto the see the back-up camera? What about the camera display in 4-lo? Does Aandroid Auto or Carplay (navigation and/or music, etc) stop functioning or will it continue to do it's thing in the background?

I would buy it for my ‘19 in a heartbeat if it retains all the factory functions mentioned above. Apple CarPlay is my interest

Looking forward to your review, I'd like to ask though if possible do a review after a few weeks of use? This YouTube video is pretty good, until you get into the comments and find out the guy returned it because it started to develop errors over time. I'd hate for a big group to buy and all have the same issues, featurewise I don't doubt this thing will rock but if it gets buggy after a while its a mute point.

I just purchased my 16 and not having Android Auto is killing me, I'm spoiled with it now.

I'd 100% get in on a group buy

Yeah, I have a Galaxy S10+, so Android Auto will be easy to test. I'm not sure if an ipad is compatible carplay, or just iphones, but I will try my ipad pro to show the Carplay features for the Apple users on the forum.

I will also test the VL2 built in Android system using tethering data from my phone.

Awesome...sounds like our situations are very similar, so I appreciate that you're doing this! Really looking forward to the results.

I just ordered as well. Used a GROM kit in my 2003 Lexus GS300 and loved it. Customer service was fantastic and more than happy to help.

As stated in a different thread, I received a defective unit. It is going back for a refund.

Got it to work in my 2014 US market!

9E760572-C919-4DA8-9A3C-543751CF775C.jpeg

Everything is back together and it works great. Found a few bugs just messing around with it but I’d say it’s well worth it to make the car feel more modern. Installation was easy, just plug and play. I mounted mine in the glove box as recommended by GROM. Looking forward to gaining the wireless carplay feature. I’ll post more updates as I play with it more.

919226F8-F7EF-47D4-90B9-9A9E02BF320E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom