Grom Vline 200 Series Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I've been reaching out to GROM regarding the LC200 integration issues, and even volunteered for the beta testing. They responded today and said,
"Thank you for your interest.
Currently we do not need LC 2021 for testing. The product has been tested and works properly.
https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl2-lex9t.html"
I asked them to clarify "works properly" wanting to know if the issues with screen lines and intermittent screen flashes have been fixed. Waiting on the reply.

yeah so far mine works very well. VERY occasional restarts.
I just got an email that they know about my flickering line at the bottom and will address it in the future.

I would say its a very stable platform for me and I can tolerate the flickering line for now.....

I do have an old firmware on USB they sent me that does not have the line....but not sure if that is the cause of some of the frequent restarts I used to get.

but I may experiment and reload the old firmware and see if most of the problems were solved on the software side

What is this thing and do I need it? How do I order?
You should have check my rig in Expo East. I do run GROM for added feature like CarPlay. The code is usable on grom website. Choose the right vline2 and use the coupon code for discount.

You should have check my rig in Expo East. I do run GROM for added feature like CarPlay. The code is usable on grom website. Choose the right vline2 and use the coupon code for discount.
Alfred, do you recommend it? I just watched a video on the install, looks pretty slick.

Just got a response on FB that the group buy is picking up next week (3/7/22-3/14/22). Either reach out on FB or email them to get in on it.

Just got a response on FB that the group buy is picking up next week (3/7/22-3/14/22). Either reach out on FB or email them to get in on it.
Excellent! I reached out to them via a ticket, buy didn't get confirmation if it went through. Do you happen to have the group buy discount info?

Excellent! I reached out to them via a ticket, buy didn't get confirmation if it went through. Do you happen to have the group buy discount info?
Which FB group? I'd like to join this one.

Man been debating on this for a while.

Is it worth it? Are there still issues? Some people love it, some people say there are still tons of bugs.

Is it worth it? Are there still issues? Some people love it, some people say there are still tons of bugs.
Over the last few months, the reviews seem to be more positive, but considering all the variables at play, it's hard to know. There are at least 3 different Lexus A/V systems between 08-21 and the LCs aren't the same at all, even though the GROM hardware is mostly the same, i suspect the way they interface with the vehicles is different with all the varying systems.

I like the GROM solution the best as it's only real flaw on paper is that it doesn't do anything about replacing an aging touch screen, assuming it's mostly bug free when running CarPlay. My only intentions are to run CarPlay and maybe native OBD fusion.

I decided to get it for the same reasons as @lx200inAR. My primary reasons are:

1. Using Spotify
2. Using Google Maps
3. Retain steering wheel controls
4. Keep "stock" look

Everything else is gravy. This seems to be the best option for the 4 items above. Anything else is too distracting to me while driving (i.e. - Netflix, etc...) or is easier on an iPad/iPhone when parked.

Over the last few months, the reviews seem to be more positive, but considering all the variables at play, it's hard to know. There are at least 3 different Lexus A/V systems between 08-21 and the LCs aren't the same at all, even though the GROM hardware is mostly the same, i suspect the way they interface with the vehicles is different with all the varying systems.

I like the GROM solution the best as it's only real flaw on paper is that it doesn't do anything about replacing an aging touch screen, assuming it's mostly bug free when running CarPlay. My only intentions are to run CarPlay and maybe native OBD fusion.
I’m the same. I’m just getting it to run CarPlay as the stock usb audio option on the LC is slow and off or on working at times.

Supposedly my Vline2 from this group buy is shipping today from TX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom