Grocery getting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
If I'm to go to the grocery store with the 40, I'll have to find a better idea. What are y'all's solutions?

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 1.21.57 PM.png

If I'm to go to the grocery store with the 40, I'll have to find a better idea. What are y'all's solutions?

View attachment 2872130
Hahaha. Thats's what mine looks like too. If you put em in the back, all the apples will roll out on the first turn and you'll be corralling your groceries back into the bags when you get home. I plan to get a rear mat and put 3 or 4 plastic milk crates back there for holding things. The crates with some weight in them shouldn't slide around on the mat. City racer sells a nice one but his site is down until after x-mas.

I was thinking BH3D had a grocery holder, haha.

I get sushi/ramen/etc. to go many Friday nights in my 40. Occasionally the meal is accompanied by wine. 😉 I usually keep a cardboard box handy to keep the ramen stock and other items safe while I drive gently home.

Not my cruiser, but if I forget to tie the bags up when I take my chevelle, I end up with groceries everywhere from “low traction, high rpm maneuvers”. In this pic, I was even getting parts from the dealer for my Spring Green 71! All that crap ended up scattered. I think I broke open a salsa container drifting around a roundabout on this trip.
7F38B832-3646-48F4-81E8-B3182590EC74.jpeg

Sonic cardboard cup container seatbelted in. Holds 1 drink and my temp gun to fact-check the oem temp gauge. If I get groceries they always smell like raw fuel when I get home. Whats for dinner? 88 octane.

Install a holder for jerry cans. Maybe a spare tire swing-out type spare tire situation to hold them. Slice the tops off, and install hinges/locks on the cans. Ovoid buying lettuce until it is above 32*F. Don't cut into anything with gas fumes still in it.

When I was in your situation, I had a big ammo box attached to the dealer-equipped roll bar on my '73. Bikini top is /was some of my best Cruiser memories. Ammo box gasket smell imparts a nice complex flavor to chicken or brisket marinade.

Last edited:
I put them in the back and lay one of the long jump seats down on top of them. Have a couple of pairs of rubber muck boots to help corral them in. Works well, but I'm not going very far or fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom