Grippy Cargo Box Cover Material? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Have a birchwood drawer system, looking for a grippy material to put on top of it to keep things (dog paws included) from sliding around. Preferably something that doesn't offgas toxic fumes when outside temps hit 120 (and inside temps who-knows-what). Removability would be a bonus. Thanks for any help!

Have a birchwood drawer system, looking for a grippy material to put on top of it to keep things (dog paws included) from sliding around. Preferably something that doesn't offgas toxic fumes when outside temps hit 120 (and inside temps who-knows-what). Removability would be a bonus. Thanks for any help!

it’s not removable, but I used adhesive 12” diamond plate rubber tiles on the top of my drawers. It is grippy, easy to clean, and is easy to cut to go around corners or hinges. Before I had my boxes on top, our two 80lb dogs would regularly hop up and down off it and it held up to their claws just fine. Two years in and it is still holding up well. I found it on Amazon.

2AC9182D-E912-4F0F-9D74-6D9674AF9B58.jpeg

Maybe something along the lines of gym room flooring and like wise.

Maybe something along the lines of gym room flooring and like wise.
Thanks--btw, @retrofive can you post up a photo of one of those round-edged, non-perforated hose clamps you mentioned in another thread...? I think you said they were oem for some other make?

Last edited:
Thanks--btw, @retrofive can you post up a photo of one of those round-edged, non-perforated hose clamps you mentioned in another thread...? I think you said they were oem for some other make?
I’m sorry. I’m totally drawing a blank on this reference?

I’m sorry. I’m totally drawing a blank on this reference?
Hmmm. If you're not using round-edged, non-perforated hose clamps, maybe I'm the one who's confused. I remember reading it and thinking, I have to follow up on that. Thought it was you--BMW clamps maybe? I'll have to re-search...

Hmmm. If you're not using round-edged, non-perforated hose clamps, maybe I'm the one who's confused. I remember reading it and thinking, I have to follow up on that. Thought it was you--BMW clamps maybe? I'll have to re-search...
Sorry, not ringing a bell. Only aftermarket hose clamps I’ve used have been the constant breeze ones.

I have a weather tech generic SUV mat in mine. I LOVE that mat, nothing slides on it....I hate that mat, NOTHING slides on it.
Its awesome because stuff stays where you put it, it's PITA because you have to lift and place anything you put on it, because it will not slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom