1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gripe

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Spook50, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Spook50

Spook50 Get ready

Our management here sucks ASS. I love it when the people you work for in the military are the last ones in and first ones out of a deployment. Bunch of spineless pricks who, because of them, me and about 20-25 others might have to stay yet another two weeks in this s***hole. Man when my four years are up I'm getting the hell out and going back to school.

At least if I worked for a real corporation I could actually be getting paid more for the same bullshit, and get to stay home in the States :mad:

2. Jman

Jman

Yeah, that's about how the world works, unfortunately. Funny, stateside, it seems the only ones who can "work at home" are the bosses.

Good luck, keep up the good work, keep your head down, come back with some good stories.

3. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT GOLD Star

Come on man, you know they have to check out the rear-d and make sure the buildings are all still there. Everytime i went over i went advon and stayed there rear-d in country, always trying for another month tax free. And i was just a lowly E-8.

4. Exiled

Exiled

When you're done and get back, there are a LOT of companies that actively look for ex-servicemen and even prefer them. I work for Dell, Inc. and the VAST MAJORITY of our Operations folks, as well as a significant percentage of the company's managers are ex-military. In fact, we call it the Thin Green Line! A very good friend of mine retired from the Army (worked in intel and communications, served a year in Korea) as a Captain in 2002 and is already a Sr. Ops Manager, making in the vicinity of $120K in Round Rock, TX, and he just turned 30. Check that out on a Salary Conversion website to give you an idea of how much you could be making.

5. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:

Perks of seniority, it's the way the world works. Yeah you can make money outside, but when you join the service it's just that-service. I intend on getting out when I am eligible but it's not to make more money, in fact I'll probably be taking quite a pay cut.

It gets better the longer you're in that's a fact, I hated it when I started. It's the unit cameraderie that makes it what it is. You'll make it 2 more weeks man, and thanks for being over there. See ya soon.

Oh and did I just see that you are in the AF? Oh hell, quit yer snifflin. jk :beer: