Grill from a 70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if they make the "TOYOTA" grille anymore...

So the only way might be to look for a used one somewhere.

I could be wrong though.:hillbilly:

you dont need the toyota grille, just the emblem which can be sourced from that 'cruiser that has suicide doors.

Best part of all of those big ass pictures Loud posted,

rszdsc0135if4.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
yo i was surfin teh netz n i found them. That car is hideous but the grille is what i generally had in mind for the 100, so i posted em.

I picked up the TOYOTA emblem from a 60 series and will be cutting my stock slat grill to make it work. I talked to some folks on this board and they said the wire 70 grill looses all it's rigidity once it is cut.

The emblem should arrive this week or early next week.

uzj100

nice, i was about to be the test subject and buy a grille and do it, even though i wouldnt be able to use it! Good luck!

alright already - who's got this DONE now!! write up?? heh...

Mine is the last of the 4Runners w/o the "T"

Maybe this badge would work (from '90-'91). Plenty of these in the yards now.

-Mark
4RunFront.JPG

Just bought a used FJ60 badge from Cuiserparts for $25 - better than paying $100 for a new one anyway.. they say it's in great shape but we'll see... Not sure how I'll tackle the overall fabrication, or attach the mesh to the hollowed out 100 grill frame - but nothing a few St. Pauli girls can't solve!! That and some epoxy in some well hidden seams!!

Is that 4Runner Toyota badge removeable though? It looks molded right into the grill slats...

Last edited:
Have the parts, mock pic and need to fab

OK - have the grill material and badge. Material is a little more flexible than expected - I got the "flat" version which is a lot easier to work with, we'll see how stout is turns out when I bend/fab it into the grill frame. Also got the badge today - it was BIG taking it out of the box but once it's on the truck I think it will look just right... it was used from CruiserParts for $35 shipped, so better than a $100 new one.

Hope to fab it up in about 2 weeks after traveling a bit for work.

here is a quick mock pic...

Cheers,
Fish
LC100Grill.jpg

I'd rather put "Land Cruiser" on the front edge of my hood than that "TOYOTA" on the grill. Toyota doesn't make the Land Cruiser anyway, Araco does. I am in the midst of looking for capital letters I can spell out "Land Cruiser" to put on the front edge of the hood. Not as large as the ones on the rear hatch, a little smaller.

The front of my Rovers have "Range Rover" and "Land Rover" on them. I like the way it looks. I'd like my Land Cruiser to have this same style set up.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom