Greetings From Charlotte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So,
Recently my factory head unit (CD/Tape deck) has started acting up. I've lost all access to the CD/Tape inputs, CD was my BT Audio, and recently the other buttons are becoming non-responsive. Sometimes when I click one of the AM/FM preset buttons (1-6) the screen goes completely blank and needs to be turned off/on again. I've tried searching here on the forum and google but have come up empty for what I'm after, which is:

Has anyone ever had luck retrofitting another Toyota double din navigation system into a 100 series? I'm sure it's a matter of making sure the pinouts are all correct, but say I found a JBL nav system from a Solara or some such thing is it feasible to get that working in a 100? I'm really not into the whole aftermarket stereo deal, even though audio quality and functionality would be superior. Just something a little *better* than what the car came with but still somewhat OEM and period correct.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree here, just let me know and I'll find an exact replacement for the current JBL unit.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom