Greenville County 4x4 trails? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Scroll down to page 23.

http://www.sctrails.net/trails/TRAILSPROGRAM/About Trails Program/StateTrailsPlanBook.pdf

Greenville County —Proposed trails
HIKING:
Chestnut Ridge — 8 mi. — Chestnut Ridge Heritage Preserve
Raven Cliff Fall Rehab — 2 mi. — Caesars Head State Park
MOTORIZED:
4WD Loop #1 — 10 mi. — location to be determined
4WD Loop #2 — 10 mi. — location to be determined

I certainly am ok with 2 4wd loops in Greenville county as long as they include vehicles with axles over 50 inches.

Pickens County — Proposed trails
HIKING:
Old Mill Race — 0.7 mi. — Pickens County Museum
Pinnacle Mtn Rehab — 1.5 mi. — Table Rock State Park
MOTORIZED:
Poe Creek ATV, MC — 10 mi. — SC Forestry Commission
4WD Loop #3 — 10 mi. — location to be determined
4WD Loop #4 — 10 mi. — location to be determined

Awesome!

I've done a good bit of work with that program. I designed and helped implement construction on several hiking loops in the County. I'll contact the state RTP and see what the deal is on those.

Any thing close to us is only MC / ATV trails
I hope they make some in the upstate

You used to be able to drive the forest road just past Raven cliff falls trail head to the top of timothy creek. about 3-4 miles, pretty hard core road with minimal maintenance. This was back around 1995, I'm not sure when it was gated, but it does have a green gate so there might be some promise. It is still used for rescue access, just not for general public use.

Isn't that the road into Hardin's cabin?
b

Might be.

Pretty much any unpaved road into a SC State Park is closed to vehicular traffic besides rescue or maintenance vehicles. SC State Parks are stretched thin - I've worked with them and for them - so maintaining ORV trails are for the most part out of their reach. :frown:

I talked to SCPRT about the proposed ORV trails in Pickens and Gville Cos. The pdf at Marshall's link is a planning document only with nothing set in stone. There might be an updated plan coming later in the year - maybe next year.

The linked pdf is a baseline for funding for the RTP grant program administered through the SCPRT department. If you can find land (public is better than private but private is OK with some agreements) and want to establish ORV truck trails (which there are no public ones in SC) then the trails plan pdf will help you gain points in the application process b/c the state would like some ORV trails.

You would still have some big hurdles to get over like environmental permitting, construction and a viable maintenance plan.

There is supposed to be a 300 acre ohv park opening close to the Pickens county airport this summer,

I came across a really cool area today in northern Greenville County............on a public road:eek:, deep gullys, ravines, mud holes, steep hill climbs, stream crossing, frame twisters...Who knew?

Pm me for directions. Being that this is a county road when word gets out I'm sure the county will gravel or pave it, but if you want to really test your rig and skills, check this place out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom