Greensboro Monthly Meeting - June 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still on for the Tuesday gig but Friday cruise-in is looking iffy with weather being the deciding factor.

Looks like 5PM it's a 50/50 for rain, but at 6PM it's 0%....

I'll be there in the 60. Hopefully they even let me into the cruise-in section :)

Bump to the top for a reminder .... tonight.

Me and the black 60 without a name will be there.

Sorry I've not been on much. We are still in. Jess needs help pulling the top off his cruiser so I'll be leaving from his place, hopefully with his crew as well.

Parking is rough. I'm on the street behind the restaurant. Waiting on a table at the bar. See you all in a bit.

Macs lost power. We're across the street at the Marshall free house.

Good meeting folks. After losing power at Macs I was sad to leave their $7.50 beer..

Was nice to move over to Marshall Free House and share some of my heritage of British food.

Good turnout. 8 trucks.

Had fun. See you guys soon.
image.jpg

I hope there was some serious horn blow'n taking place on your way out. Just to remind the "mark walker for congress" delegation what's really important.

Nice to relax and chat ... Thanks everyone.

I'm not sure if any of you got to ride home with the windows down but the drive home could not have been more perfect.

20160607_211907.jpg

20160607_205308.jpg

20160607_194328.jpg

20160607_220819.jpg

Last edited:
Totally agree, the ride home was fantastic! Kinda freaky going up Battleground with everything blacked out though. @Rice you are the man sir. Your little campaign interruption was priceless.

Yes, the horns did hit two notes on the way out. I had them aimed a little more direct than they were the first time. I am loving the topless ride at night. Better than air conditioning. Had a blast, no matter the change of venue. Food was decent and the company was priceless. Looking forward to another get together in the near future.

Pretty cool having a mint stocker, a mint expo rig and my son's beater all lined up :) I'll have to show him that pic.

Such a great time. The restaurant switch worked out well. The Boar brown ale was great. Rice thanks for sharing the Scotch eggs. Had never tried those but they were a treat. :beer:

Beginning of Thread for July Event

Opening the discussion for the Triad July event because it may involve extra planning.

During the last event, while munching on Scotch Eggs, we chatted about how good they were and what it would take to make scotch eggs taste even better. To make anything taste better means Peppers, which then turned into "well, that means we should do the next event at somebodies house". My wife then piped in and said "Have it at our house! We'll unveil the "hasn't-been-built-yet" water feature that's going in the back yard."

I say, "Sure, Honey." :D

That brings us to finding a date on the calendar that works. We love the idea of hosting but feel like trying to shove it into just a couple hours on a Tuesday evening would make the whole thing feel rushed .... soooo, would it suit everyone to hold the event on Sunday, July 10?

We picked a Sunday because we guessed it would involve fewer folks having to attend soccer games and such. The 10th was because it would not be in conflict with July 4th activities families might have planned for the previous weekend. The following weekend is a URE workday. Plus, having it on a weekend would allow folks from farther away to attend if they don't mind the drive. Time TBD but I'm thinking start sometime in the early afternoon.

Kids can play in the backyard and we'll have hotdogs for the young ones that might not want peppers. I will bring in a couple high caliber baby sitters (my former students) to watch over the kids so the rest of us can have some "grown up" time, i.e. not always having to keep one eye on the child. Dogs can come (back yard is fenced), and if we plan it well those that want to can come over early and we can do some shooting.

Open to your remarks, please share.

Rice

EDIT: I forgot, the discussion was about Peppers and Home Brew .... James and I are each supposed to make a batch of beer for the event.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time Rice, count me in!

Thanks for the invite! Sounds like a great time! I believe someone mentioned a covered dish event so we will need a sign-up sheet for that.

Thanks for the invite! Sounds like a great time! I believe someone mentioned a covered dish event so we will need a sign-up sheet for that.

Thanks. Natalie and I are working on the details and will be posting up soon, but wanted to get on the calendar first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom