Green words in text (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Lantern

Have Truck, Will Travel
Threads
Can I turn the green words off? They link to advertisements.
Thanks in advance,
Nick

Thanks, but I already updated my Edit Options to blank out advertising.
Me.... with a rotary dial cell phone, figured there was a box somewhere that only I forgot to check.
Woody? Please use your omnipotence and help me out.
;)
Nick

Certain words (nouns) appear green in certain posts. In this thread, the word "Silver" appears green in post #2, "cell phone" appears green in post #3.

When I posted #3, "cell phone" appeared white for about 2 seconds and then turned green. When I click on "cell phone" it takes me to "Find Stuff.com"

Not a big problem, but the green text is harder to see on a black background.
Thanks for askin'.

I dunno... maybe I got a virus?
Nick

BTW, I just noticed "cell phone" is still green in post #3, but no nouns are green in post #5.

I'm thinking I may have an advertising virus. Yeech!

I'm running Avast right now to see if it can catch it.
I'll post again if I find our what's going on.
Nick

I agree that you have a virus.

The only thing Green in threads that I see are the Prefix "For Sale" or "Wanted" and the BRC supporter banner under the persons screen name.

Is it ironic that the Green Lantern has Green things popping up? LOL

Good luck chasing the virus.

agreed....you have something strange in your computer...

the underline links are served via Kontera and are ONLY shown to unregistered users on the forum...if you are not logged in, then you will see them.

Thanks Woody & D'animal!

Avast didn't find anything and I'm definitely logged in. I've got a 'puter wiz at work, I'll ask him.
Otherwise, I'll just ignore it. I share D'animal's chagrin that Green Lantern suffers from green hyperlinks.
LOL
Nick

FYI,
I found it and I finally killed it. I use Firefox and I discovered an Add On called Play Shushi Text Links. I couldn't uninstall it but I was able to disable it. That confirmed it was my problem. I was finally able to uninstall the program using the Remove process in the Control Panel.

I don't know how it got loaded, and it doesn't show up as a virus. Of course, I still use rotary dial phones and I carry a pocket watch. I might have approved it the last time I updated Firefox.

Thanks for the advice and feedback. Once I knew where to look, I succeeded.
Happy Trails! N

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom