Green OEM Electrical Connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.interrobangletterpress.com
OK, i've been searching high and low on the web looking for a source for the green waterproof electrical connectors that are part of the OEM wiring harness.

these style connectors MUST still be manufactured, as they are being fitted to new components, e.g. rear tail-light assemblies and idle solenoids.

i'm interested in finding out who manufactures these, and /or where various configurations can be had.

my real need is the short jumper harness that connects the tempetaure sending unit to the wiring harness. somehow it had bounced onto my now removed air rail, and was melted fairly gravely. that 'harness' as my Toyota parts guy referred to it, is discontinued. it's just a 3" insulated wire with a blade connector on the sending unit end, and one of the mysterious and elusive green connectors on the other.

i haven't been able to find anything even remotely similar on-line. trolled Grainger, and the Thomas Register last night. Toyota parts do not make any fittings like that available.

i keep tossing my virtual pick axe in the air, but in the immortal words of Yukon Cornelius (from Rudolph the RNR...) 'NUTHIN!'

Try these guys, they have a killer selection of electrical stuff. They carry the waterproof type connectors. There not toyota OEM or green but just as good.
They send there catologs to work all the time. Its good stuff but not milspec equipment so we can't use it on are aircraft.

http://www.hi-line.com/index.php

JP:

Order the mouser catalog http://www.mouser.com/

They have darn near anything u can think of.

The catalog is faster to find stuff than the web site; however, the site is nice for ordering.

If you can't get the connectors from Toyota, I doubt that you will find an aftermarket vendor that sells the same connectors. Toyota used them on all its cars from the same time period, so the junk yard is one source. Notice that the spade connectors can be removed and replaced from its green housing.

PabloCruise said:
Where to get the spade connectors???

AFAIK, the spade connectors are pretty standard stuff that you can still get at most electronics supply stores, but I am too lazy to check. They just have a little spring tab that holds them in the connector. You depress the lock tab to remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom