Green Blur 97 Collectors edition! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all new member here. I've been an 80 series enthusiast since I was 8 years old. I saw an all black 80 pass by my neighborhood and it was love at first sight. Since that day (sometime in 98) I had wanted one. Fast forward 17 years and I bought my very own 80, a 1997 collectors edition with lockers. It had 243k on the dash and I managed to wrestle it away from the dealer for 7k. The past 5 years were tough financially, but after getting a CDL I finally have money to put in this bad boy. I've changed A LOT of parts in the engine bay and underneath. I wanted to get the engine baselined before adding other stuff. Now, I JUST bought an ARB front bumper, I have an OME 2.5 inch lift currently en route. I havent decided if I want an ARB, 4x4 labs, or dobinsons rear bumper (any tips or info is very appreciated) I am also adding wheels, I haven't decided what kind yet, but I know i want 16s. I am also adding 35s here soon...either Patagonia MTS, Duratracs, or BFG Ko2s.

20200627_185141.jpg

20200627_185152.jpg

20200627_185131.jpg

20200627_185122.jpg

20180823_123144.jpg

Love the story! There is nothing like making your dreams come true no matter how long it takes! A 97 Collectors with lockers is the best you can get IMHO, so don't ever get rid of her no matter how tough times get! I really like the grill on your 97, its my favorite too!

Love the story! There is nothing like making your dreams come true no matter how long it takes! A 97 Collectors with lockers is the best you can get IMHO, so don't ever get rid of her no matter how tough times get! I really like the grill on your 97, its my favorite too!

Thank you! You're absolutely right, having this 80 just feels so right. I plan on keeping it forever, it's literally my dream truck. Even after this engine goes I'll throw something else in there, maybe the V8 in the 100 series, we'll see. For the time being, its lift, tires, bumpers and roof rack 🤙

Love it!! Just started down the same rabbit hole a few months ago. What is the grill from? It's a little thing but I want mine with TOYOTA in the front. I'm baselining mine but am looking at the same set up rack, lift, ARB front, TBD rear.

Love it!! Just started down the same rabbit hole a few months ago. What is the grill from? It's a little thing but I want mine with TOYOTA in the front. I'm baselining mine but am looking at the same set up rack, lift, ARB front, TBD rear.
Grille is from a 93-94 year.

For the rear bumper, do you plan to tow and do you want an integral 2" receiver?
If Yes, 4x4 labs is the answer.

Good looking rig! Who's sliders are you looking at? I put the 10degree WKNOR on The Bean and really like them.

Is 93-94 direct fit to the 97?
Pretty sure it is. Seems to me there was another trim piece that needed to come along or the fit changed just ever so slightly.

Welcome to MUD....great find...doesn't get much better. Congratulation !!

Thanks, the grill is off of a 94. The only thing I had to do to make it fit, was break off the little screw holes that are on the sides of the headlights, it falls right in after that. The lower valance off of a 94 is a good idea as well. Without it, theres just a little bit of room. It's not noticable until you look for it lol. My ARB Bumper hides it pretty well. Looking forward to seeing your build thread as well.

For the rear bumper, do you plan to tow and do you want an integral 2" receiver?
If Yes, 4x4 labs is the answer.

Good looking rig! Who's sliders are you looking at? I put the 10degree WKNOR on The Bean and really like them.

I was leaning towards 4x4 labs, but recently I found coastaloffroad. They supply an amazing rear bumper weld kit that has 2 Jerry can holders and a spare tire carrier shipped for $1500. I can handle the welding and painting myself. I love the clearance and how its tucked into the body.

20190626_111244.jpg

Pretty sure it is. Seems to me there was another trim piece that needed to come along or the fit changed just ever so slightly.

I do believe it is the lower valance just underneath the grille. Without there's a little bit of room. Not to noticeable.

I removed my wood trim yesterday. The glue was coming off and it had faded so I decided to just remove it. Took a couple of side shots as well.

20200705_113555.jpg

20200705_113646.jpg

20200705_113656.jpg

20200705_113706.jpg

20200705_113806.jpg

I hate to start a new thread so I'll just post in here and hope someone sees it. Does anyone have any experience with these wheels?

Got my 2.5 inch ARB lift installed. Shocks coils and bushings were a success. But the steering stabilizer is a bit short for some reason. Am I doing something wrong here?

20200710_164857.jpg

Snapchat-158894583.jpg

Snapchat-335813253.jpg

My 285s look like 31s on that lift lol. Can't wait til Tuesday to get my 35s. Front is lower than the rear, I wonder if my bumper that's coming will level it out?

20200710_172246.jpg

Without a front coil spacer or taller front coils these have a natural rake to them. That meaning no load in the back it will sit higher. Dump a bunch of gear/passengers/etc in the back and will level out some. I never carried that much weight, so went the spacer route.

Without a front coil spacer or taller front coils these have a natural rake to them. That meaning no load in the back it will sit higher. Dump a bunch of gear/passengers/etc in the back and will level out some. I never carried that much weight, so went the spacer route.

Hopefully over time with a steel bumper, spare 35 and loaded Jerry cans I can bring it down some. If not, I'll have to get some cool spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom