Green Bay / Milwaukee / Chicago Area Dealerships for LC 200 Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am coming up on my first Toyota Care servicing and am reluctant to take it to one of my local dealerships. I've heard awful things about Riverside Toyota in Marquette and Bergeron Toyota in Iron Mountain, MI. These dealerships have a monopoly on the area and are known for some less than stellar business practices. Furthermore these dealerships have never sold or even seen a Land Cruiser before and I am hesitant to start building a service relationship with them because of this reason. If anyone knows of a Land Cruiser or off-roading oriented dealership between Marquette, MI and Chicago that they've had positive/honest experiences with I'd love to hear about them! Have friends in Chicago and wouldn't mind making the drive down for a weekend.

Thanks again,

For serious mods, I recommend Chi Town 4x4. Rick and team are absolutely awesome

I live just north of Chicago and I use Bredemann Toyota for most service. I've had very good experience with them.

They've been honest, they are willing to work on my modified truck, and their rates are reasonable. Most expensive things I've had was a radiator replacement, which was mostly covered by the Toyota Platinum VSA (everything but hoses/clamps) and a new set of front bearings/hubs (which was the result of a different shop screwing up a lift install).

I bought my truck from Autonation in Libertyville. Overall that experience was pretty good and was low haggle (up until the finance department anyway). I've only been back there for service once and it seemed fine, but I haven't had enough interaction to confirm/deny.

My experience (just one time) with Lincolnwood Toyota was poor.

Really appreciate the info Linuxgod. I like that you can schedule these appointments online and with a specific advisor--something not offered in my region unbelievably. Is there a service advisor that you've used in the past? Definitely considering the trip.

I don't recall who the advisor I've used... pretty much whoever is available. I use my local mechanic for oil changes because he's a few blocks away but anything else I just go to Bredemann nowadays.

Good luck - I live in Green Bay and I had a pretty good service experience with Le Mieux in Green Bay (at least for my 4runner). I haven't taken my LC there yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Kolosso in Appleton is pretty good too. Both of those dealerships don't seem to do any modifications to trucks, so I am not sure how they will like my modified 200.

Also, Chi-Town 4x4 is the best shop you will find. I drive down to see Rick and Joe quite a bit and they are the only place that I would have modify my 200 series. Joe, the owner, drives a 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom