Green Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2ndGenToyotaFan

Threads
Website
www.jeffersonstatecruisers.com
My new ride, The Green Bastard.

For those of you who haven't heard.... I drug this home a month ago, and have been slowly rehabilitating it.

DSC06490.JPG

I'm going to build it cheap and just wheel it, so I can stop worrying about my nice 4Runner... It's an 85 4Runner, with a solid axle, EFI and a 5 speed. It was the top of the line when new, and it's kind of sad now, but at least it's getting a second lease on life! Even if it's only being kept alive so I can try to kill it.... "Build thread" here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota-truck-tech/316530-ran-when-parked-my-free-85-4runner.html

More pics: Picasa Web Albums - Jerod - 4Runner

Last edited:
Nice Jerod, good find.

Take the old sunroof out of my 4runner, Its cracked but still intact. Bring a razor knife because I caulked it in since the drains were always plugged and it leaked so bad.

nice green machine :)

I'm going to bob this pretty heavily, and it's sporting Jamister's half top right now... And I already filled the sunroof hole with plywood... I don't like the sun much anyway... :D I will let you all know if I need parts though.

I ordered a Marlin dual case adapter, and am going to build square driveshafts for it. That with the bob, and some armor is about the extent of the plan at this point.

That truck is so bad he has to keep it chained up in the yard like a pit bull!:hillbilly:

Cool! Good luck on the build!

:cheers:

I'm going to bob this pretty heavily, and it's sporting Jamister's half top right now... And I already filled the sunroof hole with plywood... I don't like the sun much anyway... :D I will let you all know if I need parts though.

I ordered a Marlin dual case adapter, and am going to build square driveshafts for it. That with the bob, and some armor is about the extent of the plan at this point.

If you need access to a welder, you're welcome to use mine.

Now you're thinking right!! Save the good car for home and fam and get a junker to thrash about and not have to answer to wife and fam!!! Looks like a great rig!!!

I took it out on it's maiden voyage today, I figured one trip would be good before the mining claim run...

Respectable flex considering the front springs have sagged and now bottom out on the frame, and there's a broken spring in the rear... ::cheers:

DSC06824.JPG

First body damage... door still shuts... :D

DSC06826.JPG

DSC06812.JPG

I had basically zero issues with it today during 4-5 hours of wheeling... The square drive shafts don't like going over 40 mph... and I bent the tie rod just a little, but not much. I'm stoked! :D

And here's my friend Pat checking out the flex.... 30% warning, not safe for work! Click at your own risk..... etc... :D Picasa Web Albums - Jerod - 2010-02-28

Last edited:
Bad ass Jerod, How far up the creek can you drive.

Josh

There's a couple crossings where we were, but I'm not sure how far you could actually drive int he creek, there's some pretty big rocks around in it... :D

In fact one of the crossings is where I think I bent the tie rod.... I almost got stuck...

Jerod... lose the plywood and get the cracked one you goober. I have the interior cover to cover over the interior, you can have it to keep you out of the sun. Wish I'd known about this before I offed the remains of teh stolen runner. I can gain a half top (like you have on there) if they want theirs back.

also, posting pix of wheeling in a creek is less than stellar... again, goober.

and finally, don't wheel on that broken leaf, you'll lose the entire pack very soon. Many folks have old stocker springs laying around, find a leaf... goober.

but all in all, a great score!

Oh, I have rear turnlight assemblies and front turn light assemblies that will bolt right in (from 85). Let me know which ones you want and I'll bring them to McGrew... and give them to your wife.

Hey, just start taking pieces of the Caird!! Sounds like its not going anywhere anyhow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom