Wanted Green '97 40th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I appreciate it... If only it weren't in WA I would call the folks, it would take alot to get it from WA to NC, so that would rule that one out. Thanks for forwarding it to me though....

Might be worth it though.. North West WA 80s tend to have no rust and no sunbake either.

QUIET! dont give away all our secrets. The less we lose to the salty midwest and east, the better.

I have a 1997 40th anniv in Alabama that I am going to be selling hopefully end of may, I am out of the country till mid-May. Its Sage not Green though.

It is a loaded 40th (not sure there was really anything but) with lockers, sunroof, roof rack, running boards (that I took off recently), 3rd row seats, and a OME medium duty lift. The truck has about 160K miles (can't remember exact number cause I am not home).

The good: I am the second owner, the first was my mom. Its never been wrecked, we have kept up on the oil changes, and its been a street queen and never wheeled (it may have seen a dirt road occasionally at worst). It has lived its entire life in the SE Alabama/Georgia so it doesn't have any rust. The body is straight, the paint is good other than a few small chips in the hood from road debris, and there is a small dent in the front bumper, but all the end caps are present etc. It has BFG A/T 285's that are in great condition and a matching spare that is brand new. It also has a brand new sony amp that I mounted where the factory amp/sub were and two sony 12"s that are in a ported box in the rear (all of which can be easily removed and the wiring is hidden).

The bad: It needs work and I don't have the time or money to do it and being that I am finishing up my DVM this coming year I won't have time or money to do anything with it for a long time to come. It absolutely kills me to sell it cause I know if I had time and money to work on the motor it would be a killer rig. The reason I am selling it is last summer it threw a CEL on me and started running rough. I stopped it immediately and towed it home with my superduty. Pulled the CEL with my scanner and it was a misfire on cylinder 6. I honestly don't think its the headgasket though. When I get home I plan to check the compression on the cylinders to narrow this down before I sell it. It also has the classic 80 series oil leak (which it has had on and off for a while and isn't really a concern), but I don't think its the rear main (there is no oil in the inspection cover on the back), I think its the oil pan gasket possibly. The OME lift coils are on but you would probably like to go ahead and replace the front caster bushings with the correction ones to fix the angle and do a proper alignment (the lift was installed literally less than a month before the CEL was thrown and hasn't moved since). There is also a sway bar mount bolt that I torqued off this can be easily fixed. The antenna doesn't go up or down but the motor still works, a new mast from toyota solves this, I just never fooled with it. Other than that it is great.

I am asking 5000.

I will be available after May 17th if you are interested in seeing it. pm me or email me at gindvss(AT)gmail.com
PICT0023.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate it... If only it weren't in WA I would call the folks, it would take alot to get it from WA to NC, so that would rule that one out. Thanks for forwarding it to me though....

If you really want that cruiser in Wa, let me know. I live here in WA and my fam is back in NC---I could use a vacation... drive your rig back for you. I even have a $250 voucher with southwest that might pay for the one way ticket back... where theres a will theres a way!

I have a 1997 40th anniv in Alabama that I am going to be selling hopefully end of may, I am out of the country till mid-May. Its Sage not Green though.

It is a loaded 40th (not sure there was really anything but) with lockers, sunroof, roof rack, running boards (that I took off recently), 3rd row seats, and a OME medium duty lift. The truck has about 160K miles (can't remember exact number cause I am not home).

The good: I am the second owner, the first was my mom. Its never been wrecked, we have kept up on the oil changes, and its been a street queen and never wheeled (it may have seen a dirt road occasionally at worst). It has lived its entire life in the SE Alabama/Georgia so it doesn't have any rust. The body is straight, the paint is good other than a few small chips in the hood from road debris, and there is a small dent in the front bumper, but all the end caps are present etc. It has BFG A/T 285's that are in great condition and a matching spare that is brand new. It also has a brand new sony amp that I mounted where the factory amp/sub were and two sony 12"s that are in a ported box in the rear (all of which can be easily removed and the wiring is hidden).

The bad: It needs work and I don't have the time or money to do it and being that I am finishing up my DVM this coming year I won't have time or money to do anything with it for a long time to come. It absolutely kills me to sell it cause I know if I had time and money to work on the motor it would be a killer rig. The reason I am selling it is last summer it threw a CEL on me and started running rough. I stopped it immediately and towed it home with my superduty. Pulled the CEL with my scanner and it was a misfire on cylinder 6. I honestly don't think its the headgasket though. When I get home I plan to check the compression on the cylinders to narrow this down before I sell it. It also has the classic 80 series oil leak (which it has had on and off for a while and isn't really a concern), but I don't think its the rear main (there is no oil in the inspection cover on the back), I think its the oil pan gasket possibly. The OME lift coils are on but you would probably like to go ahead and replace the front caster bushings with the correction ones to fix the angle and do a proper alignment (the lift was installed literally less than a month before the CEL was thrown and hasn't moved since). There is also a sway bar mount bolt that I torqued off this can be easily fixed. The antenna doesn't go up or down but the motor still works, a new mast from toyota solves this, I just never fooled with it. Other than that it is great.

I am asking 5000.

I will be available after May 17th if you are interested in seeing it. pm me or email me at gindvss(AT)gmail.com

thats a Beautiful looking rig. I wish I was in a position to take it off your hands for you.

Well, I think I have made my decision... I e-mailed Critter, and all but told him i'd take it. I know it is not green, but for the price I can't pass that up. I probably have more time to fiddle with the cyl. 6 misfire since my 40 should be done by the time he comes back and I can make arrangements to pick it up. Thanks for all the help mudders!!

Critter, i'll be talking to you soon....

Dang.. the best color ever on an 80 IMO.
That is the perfect candidate for diesel conversion.
If only it wasn't 3000 miles away.

Dang.. the best color ever on an 80 IMO.
That is the perfect candidate for diesel conversion.
If only it wasn't 3000 miles away.

Get me a 1HD-T and we'll do some talkin.... Love to have a diesel 80, esp a 40th anniversary, that'd walk the dog wouldn't it?

Certainly would. Turbo diesel in the last year of the last Land Cruiser worth owning.. sorry 100 guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom