Great time at Badlands!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Well this was a good time. AJ I hope you get that front end fixed real easy.

Here is everyone's RTI score.

Richard 747
Mark 637
AJ 615
Chad 531
Clint 527
Jim 487
Ron 444
Ben 380

Remember these may not be exact (or correct to the standard of measurements) but they are all measured the same or as close as we can get without being to technical.

Great pics Chad.

Thanks for scoring the RTI for us.

Had a great time this weekend, it was by far the best ride the club has had yet.

Looks like you all had fun...wish I would have joined ya now espceially after seeing that Sami i there! :beer:

Great pics Chad. I agree with AJ this was by far the best ride we have had. You can add Richards steering box to the list of broken parts. The bottom bolt stripped its threads and came out causing the steering to bind. He cought it in time that there shouldn't be any major damage. After you all headed out we found some fun ledges on the backside of the quarry and played in the quarry for a while before heading for home.
Where is the pictures Jimmy? Maybe some day I'll join the twenty first century and get a digital camera too. But I'd just forget and leave it in the tent back at camp.duh
Mark

Pictures from Badlands: Sept 10th and 11th 2005

Pictures

Last edited:
More pics of the Badlands. Rock-on.
40s.JPG
60 ass.JPG
80s in pipe.JPG

Great pictures guys. I really had a ball wheeling this weekend, and hope to do it again soon. I see that the club meeting we had is already getting results, Jimmy has changed back to the avitar we all voted on. THANKS JIMMY and I do mean THANKS.
Mark

Yea Gumby, we were climbing in the one to the left and some dropped out the one on the right. AJ said that Troy dumped some sand in the big holes that had been dug out in frount of them.

I probably speak for everyone in the club, it's open. You are welcome anytime Gumby.

Check out our website for the next event.

Toys for Tots is coming up at the Badlands and the Tech session in Bloomington IN.

Cheers,
ben

Gumby said:
Nice pics. I shoulda came down, but since you kept it posted here in the Hoosiers forum, I wasn't altogether sure it was open. Not that that should of stopped me anyway. :)

Hey, did those 80s come out of the culverts? I'm pretty sure it can be done. ;)

Gumby said:
Nice pics. I shoulda came down, but since you kept it posted here in the Hoosiers forum, I wasn't altogether sure it was open. Not that that should of stopped me anyway. :)

Hey, did those 80s come out of the culverts? I'm pretty sure it can be done. ;)

Gumby, my bad. I emailed Ali about the invite but forgot you. I invited anyone for IL in another post but maybe you did catch it.
Yeah, the 80's came out of the culverts okay. I'm the white 80. Stock suspension for me.

In my post above I've got a link to yahoo pics.
DSCF0498 copy.jpg

Hope everyone has survived the awesome Badlands trip. Had a great time and appreciate all the help in times of trouble. I now know what they mean by Holley carbs crapping out on steep inclines. I will have to do something about that. Looking for a stock carb as we speak.

Well I think I will be picking up another 60 tonight. Thanks Jimmy for the tip. I went over to look at it Sunday night when I got home and the guy has come down $400.00 on the price you thought it was, which was already dirt cheap. It is a 1983 with 80K miles and a totally redone interior which matches the tan in my red one. Guess what I am going to do with the interior. Swapperoony time. The body has the typical rust issues but is straight with orig. paint. It has fairly new 31X10.50 tires with alloy wheels, a brand new optima red top battary and another piece that I desperately need - a brand new never installed Downey HEI dizzy that he said he paid almost $400.00 for. Engine sounds good when he tried to start it (with new coil and another new dizzy) but still no spark. That is why he got the HEI. It has to be something minor. Anyway, I plan to swap out some parts for my red 60 then hope that someone else might be interested in a decent 60 trail rig. Couldn't hardly pass it up especially being just down the street and for only $800.00. Now I have 3 cruisers. Guess I am hooked on these things.

Well anyway, look forward to seeing you all again soon. I will leave you with my contribution of pictures of our adventures this weekend.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gentlespiritman@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/737e

Oooooo Jeep Recovery 101

Not that I'm one to bash H33P's (unless it's Rose's), but there was just something about what you see below that really tickled me. For those not in attendance the photo below depicts myself and Jimmy aiding a stranded jeep at the Badlands ORP.

Maybe it was the fact that I drove out to the stranded vehicle and asked if they needed anything, then DROVE away.

Mybe I'm just sick...............................Enjoy :grinpimp:

attachment.php

Jeep Recovery.jpg

Last edited:
jklubens said:
Gumby, my bad. I emailed Ali about the invite but forgot you. I invited anyone for IL in another post but maybe you did catch it.
Yeah, the 80's came out of the culverts okay. I'm the white 80. Stock suspension for me.

In my post above I've got a link to yahoo pics.

LOL. Yep, that's a little different than the drop out of the right side one when I was there last. :D