1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great repair shop exp!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Zack1978, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:
    Hey everyone,
    So the AC broke AGAIN in my moms 88 Beretta, the comp seized. As the car is not worth replacing the comp, the shop put a smaller belt on to bypass the comp. I feel that it should have been covered under warr, but their parts supplier said no. It was replaced in 04 at their shop, in 05 the comp went bad. NOw in Aug 06 it is bad again, but after the 2yr warr is up so they would not replace it for free, but whatever she is selling it soon.

But we go to pick up the car today, and the windshield is cracked, WTF? (but my mom didn't say anything until she got home)I look at it and I realized that they opened the hood too far and caught the glass with the hood, and busted it. I called them and told them of the problem, and they will have a glass guy here Monday morning. I know it was their fault, but they did not try to weasel out at all, and said that they were sorry about 15 times. I was pleased.

Zack

2. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Glad you are happy, but WTF, they were hoping she wouldn't notice? Maybe they didn't realize it....

3. Rich

Rich

For what it is worth, in many cases, repeated compressor failures are due to not flushing all of the debris out of the system that was generated by the first failure. It can be difficult to get the condensor properly flushed.

4. Zack1978

Zack1978 SILVER Star

Media:

Good point! Well I guess it is a moot point because she is just going to sell the car in the next few weeks. A friend said that because the car was designed to run r12, and now that it is on r134 the comp can't deal with it, does that sound normal?

Zack

5. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

Many people convert....it just takes a thorough job of replacing the o rings, and cleaning it out really well...

I just converted the F-150 I inherited....

I've had them converted on other vehicles as well....just depends on the kind of job they do...