Great Lawyer = Bad Mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today's issue is the brake hose. Trying to get old blue back on the road but need to make sure that I can get her to stop. Any thoughts on the attached photos?

brake hose 1.jpg

Brake Hose 2.jpg

I know, you have fuzzy fittings. That’s why they won’t work.

Have any more info? Which truck do you have-year, mods, etc? Pics help.
70 FJ40 of Latin American origin. At some point power steering and front disc brakes were installed.

FWIW, the line on the left seals with a copper washer, the right is inverted flare. I have aftermarket SS brake lines in some areas and have both types on my 40.

Idk, about latin american spec brake lines. For USA models The new line requires a copper washer and screws into a block(like the T fitting on top rearend housing), the other end should have a female end with an inverted flare and accepts the metal double flared brakeline.

@Rainman is a good source for this information. The thread pitch on line on the right looks too coarse for a US application, but it could be the fuzzy pic.

What was used for the disc conversion?
No clue about the conversion. Sorry. Admittedly, I'm not the one doing the work and the guy who is doesn't have the best phone camera. I'm hoping to have her back by fathers' day because no one will be able to say no to taking her for a drive.

No clue about the conversion. Sorry. Admittedly, I'm not the one doing the work and the guy who is doesn't have the best phone camera. I'm hoping to have her back by fathers' day because no one will be able to say no to taking her for a drive.

Theres a million ways to skin a 40, usually if you post pics you’ll get the best answers. I’m not too far from you in Akron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom