For Sale Great fj62 TX (new interior and rust free!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1989 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 4x4 w/ 232,635 miles in Midland Texas 79705 zip

I bought this landcruiser 2 years ago from a friend of mine after his transmission went out. I picked it up to be my long haul family camping rig. I spent a lot of time making sure this truck would be a reliable, well running family trickster. I have done EVERYTHING to it that needed done except repainted it (more on that in a minute). This is a Texas cruiser (a west Texas one at that) and has ZERO RUST. I did a compression test last year and all cylinders where 148-152psi. It’s a strong truck with all issues sorted out.

Mechanical Parts replaced:
New front brake pads @ 230k
New front rotors @230k
New rear pads @230k
New brake master cylinder @230k
Flushed entire brake system with new fluid @230k
Front knuckle rebuild, including new wheel bearings, birfeild repack and new kingpins (Marlin kit not the cheap one) @ 230k
New rear main seal (Toyota brand) @ 230k
New oil pan gasket (Toyota brand) with new OEM oil pump and sending unit @ 230k
New Battery (2 yrs old)
Replaced fuel filter @ 230k
New plugs, cap, rotor @ 230k
MSD high output ignition coil @ 230K
Timing adjusted and set @231k
New Air filter @ @231
New throttle position sensor @230
All Factory dash lights where replaced and work (as do all switches)
Factory gauge cluster was cleaned up and the needles repainted with factory matching paint
Replaced the interior dome light with a LED (super bright)
AC converted to R134 and recharged and blows cold
Sound deadening material in the all doors (Dec 2013)
New power window switches on two windows (Dec 2013) All windows work
New power window motor on one door (Dec 2013)
New Power window regulator diodes soldered in (Dec 2013)
New rear hatch struts (April 2014)

Transmission:
I replaced the transmission with a lower mileage unit. While the transmission was out I gave the transfer case a look and replaced any bad seals, bearings and gaskets with Toyota parts. I also added a new Toyota torque converter, the larger Toyota transmission filter, a new large transmission cooler, a B&M Transmission cooler gauge and flushed the lines and the transmission with a Rodney flush for good measure. All this was done at 230k.

Interior:
This is the good part. The entire interior (all carpet, headliner, seats, sun visors, headrests and all door panels) has been COMPLETELY REDONE in factory colors but with vinyl. Seat foam was replaced at the same time. It looks much better than any FJ62 I have seen. It really cleaned up the cruiser.

Fun Stuff:
Ok, now for some of the fun stuff.
Sony detachable face Bluetooth stereo (can both play music and answer your phone through Bluetooth)
New Kicker speakers in the front door
XM radio
After market cruise control
Brand New ARB Winch bumper (January 2014)
Brand New custom built rear bumper (April 2014)
Brand new OME 2.5 Med duty complete suspension system with greasable shackles, pins, and new steering stabilizer (every upgrade available for this lift was bought at the same time)
Extra 12v sockets wired discretely under the dash (switched)
Extra 12v sockets wired by the center console (constant)
New Safari Snorkle (March 2014)
SOR rear cargo mat

What’s left to do:
Simple, there are only two things left to do to this cruiser to be a 9 out of 10 (both are cosmetic)
First, someone years ago decided to get some cheap macco paint job done on it. The paint is now pealing, flaking, and chalking off. This cruiser straight up needs a repaint. I was saving this for last. Second, the window tint is older and is now starting to cloud up and fade. I was planning on doing this at the same time I did the paint. A few window felts could use to be replaced at the same time.

Other small issues:
One part of the steering wheel is cracking/peeling (Not as bad as some but is somewhat noticeable)
The fuel door only opens with the in cab pull button (the key will not open it from the outside)
The rear driver’s door power lock works…most of the time. I just reach over and pull it up when it sticks. It goes down every time it just sometimes sticks when coming up.
Did I mention the paint needs help?
The tailgate carpet is missing (it was not replaced when the interior was redone)

That’s about it. Overall this is a great driver, it runs great, has no issues and needs very little to be a VERY nice cruiser. All it needs to be a top 10% FJ is a new paint job, some light body work and window tint. It can be driven a long time like it is and needs nothing mechanical. Mechanically, it’s good to go on any adventure as is.

As luck would have it, it’s raining right now (in the desert no less) I will post up pictures tonight.

$7900 OBO

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pictures as promised. Shoot me a pm if you have questions.

image.jpg

B
U
M
P

Price drop to $6,900

BEAUTIFUL 62!!! My wife and I have been desiring a blue one but we just can't afford it right now. Got a little man on the way in 2 weeks. We would go for it otherwise.

Blessings!

Interested in this fine ride. Any chance you can send me some photos of the passenger side and the frame to onemunk at yahoo? Thx, Scott

Pictures sent to your email. Let me know if you would like any more than what I sent. Thanks!

Sold locally for full original price.

Congrats. Leave as it or Repaint to have a perfect 62. New buyer must be stoked.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom