Great first CLCC outing! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H2o

Threads
Hey all,

I hope everyone made it home safe and without problems. I wanted to thank everyone for making it out and making it a really great trip. I am glad no one broke anything, except for some scratches, bumps, and dings.

:idea: Just to remind everyone to torque down everything on the front... especially knukles and other steering components that got a serious workout!

Dan mentioned that this was the first CLCC trip we had since 1999... and we have more trips to come this year...

We should be having our first tech day of the year as well soon, especially since weather is getting nice.

Finally, our club is growing fast so make sure you talk to others about what we are doing; Bring a friend to the next event or meeting.

Sebastien.

:cheers: to the start of a good year with CLCC!

That was fun guys, I'm glad to be part of this club. I had an opportunity to meet some awesome folks. I can already feel that this is going to be an awesome wheeling year for me:D.

Just to re-iterate what Sebastien said about torqueing the front, I go through the following ever growing list of things to do after each wheeling trip. It takes me few hours but kept me out of trouble thus far. I hope somone/everyone find this helpful. This is based on an 80 (and other trucks I have wheeled) but may be applicable to others.

Exterior:
1. Calipers and bolts.
2. Sway bars and their brackets, bolts and nuts.
3. Rear stock lower control arms, possible bending.
4. breather hoses, stock and modified.
6. Wheel lugs and nuts.
7. Tie rods, nuts and cotter pins.
8. Drive shafts and their bolts.
9. Tcase, output flanges and seals.
10. Tcase and tranny mounting bolts/nuts.
11. Wheel bearings.
12. 3rd members' bolts.
13. Sliders nuts, bolts and U-Joints.
14. Engine mounts and nuts.
15. ARB hose(s), Compressor, and air manifold for loose nuts and bolts (if available).
16. E-Locker cables (if available).
17. Manual locking wheel hubs (if available).
18. Axle housings.
19. Knuckle nuts, studs and seals.
20. Brake lines.
21. All hoses (mostly radiator related).

Interior:
1. Dash screws.

that would be a good item to post on internet! maybe we can add to the list...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom