Great Exhaust Shop! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cant say enough about Gehman's Exhaust repair 123 Andrews Way, Mohnton, PA 19540
Phone: (717) 445-7343
I took my 80 there after battling a Bosal exhaust for 5 years,(didn't fit right, leaked) heck after I put it on I had to take it to an exhaust place just to get it alittle better than poorly fitted. 5 years late, take it to Gehmans and in less than half a day they saved the old cats created a new manifold back exhaust including a custom y-pipe all with 14 gauge steel for $330. Gary was up about 2 weeks ago and was impressed. They even installed all new 02 sensor bungs and tucked it up nice and tight. They apologized profusely for going over the $300 estimate by $30. Nice people nice place. They are inexpensive and good. Saw a 65 Mustang in the parking lot and an '83 Aries K wagon so they do it all!

What ID pipe did you go with? Muffler? Good exhaust shops are getting rare indeed. You're lucky to have one close.

I have heard great things about these guys! I had a local fab shop give me an estimate on an exhaust for my 94 and the estimate was over 1k. To Gehmans I shall go!

I cant say enough about Gehman's Exhaust repair 123 Andrews Way, Mohnton, PA 19540
Phone: (717) 445-7343
I took my 80 there after battling a Bosal exhaust for 5 years,(didn't fit right, leaked) heck after I put it on I had to take it to an exhaust place just to get it alittle better than poorly fitted. 5 years late, take it to Gehmans and in less than half a day they saved the old cats created a new manifold back exhaust including a custom y-pipe all with 14 gauge steel for $330. Gary was up about 2 weeks ago and was impressed. They even installed all new 02 sensor bungs and tucked it up nice and tight. They apologized profusely for going over the $300 estimate by $30. Nice people nice place. They are inexpensive and good. Saw a 65 Mustang in the parking lot and an '83 Aries K wagon so they do it all!

Thanks for the info, was there a specific person you dealt with? My exhaust needs the same a yours. I have to drive an hour half though to get there and it's worth the fuel getting there. Thanks for your help. ~steve

I was just there. They checked out my whole exhaust and except for the mashed tail part they declared it in good shape after 20 years of rock banging. Oh and they also fixed the mooshed tail end with a new pipe and hangar. Truck runs much better now that the exhaust has a place to escape. $52.

I found a place near me, Penn Muffler and Brake in Pennsauken, NJ. Got cat back with my muffler for $331. Runs a lot better too.

I might check them out. I got a quote at a shop in York of $750 for downpipe back and reusing my Y pipe.

Dev ... was that quote from the place downtown at the coner of Market and Penn St? Miles Muffler is the name?

Dev ... was that quote from the place downtown at the coner of Market and Penn St? Miles Muffler is the name?

Yes, Miles. I thought their quote seemed reasonable until I saw this thread. Might not be apples to apples though.

Did your quote include the cats? Maybe custom bending costs more. They cut the 2nd cat off my truck and welded in a test pipe for $75 and put me at the front of the service line since I was waiting and paying cash. Hard to find shops that bend pipe anymore. For the difference in pricing I would make the trip to Gehman's though if it's apples to apples.

Miles has a good reputation in York for doing quality work at a fair price. I’ve also had good luck with Red Run over towards Lancaster...

Red Run Exhaust
1929 W Main St, Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 721-3186
Google Maps

Yes, Miles. I thought their quote seemed reasonable until I saw this thread. Might not be apples to apples though.

Did your quote include the cats? Maybe custom bending costs more. They cut the 2nd cat off my truck and welded in a test pipe for $75 and put me at the front of the service line since I was waiting and paying cash. Hard to find shops that bend pipe anymore. For the difference in pricing I would make the trip to Gehman's though if it's apples to apples.
Yes it included cats. And mine has the two side by side cats. I would love it if they tried to reuse my cats. The only thing wrong with mine are the flanges. So I guess the key is finding a shop that can reuse mine.

Miles has a good reputation in York for doing quality work at a fair price. I’ve also had good luck with Red Run over towards Lancaster...

Red Run Exhaust
1929 W Main St, Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 721-3186
Google Maps
Red Run is on my radar. I may check them out too. Just need to get this sorted by inspection time.

Red Run in New Holland did custom exhaust on my 80, while I waited.
I forget how much it cost, but it was CHEAP!

Red run did my bronco and my bj74 in stainless. Brought them a written outline and few photos from the web and they did exactly what I wanted. For the bronco, they even slipped on a few different mufflers and revved the engine for me to have a quick listen before deciding.

Thanks for the recommendation on Gehman's Exhaust! I was over there yesterday, and had them install a new Y-Back exhaust (re-purposing the factory cat).

I had them re-route the exhaust over the frame rail, delete the first cat, install a larger resonator just past the rear diff, and they did it all with 409 stainless. As a result, the exhaust is tucked up tight in all the right places, sounds a little meatier (but not ridiculous) and should last quite some time. Also, no check engine lights have been thrown due to eliminating the first cat (knock wood).

The total was $587, and it took them right around 3 hours to do the work. The cost was a little higher, since I had them put a new magnaflow muffler on ($199), use 409 stainless (additional $99), and use a new resonator ($50).

I thought this was a pretty darn good deal... especially since boxed alternatives retail well above this price, and most have several shortcomings (i.e. Borla still rides under the frame / hangs low at the end)..

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

7F8A3168-AD69-43A0-A7AB-8AFFCC66CFF3.jpeg

F0677D11-FA73-40F0-A701-1C66B339EB88.jpeg

Last edited:
Had the Lexus 100 series to Gehman's yesterday. Took them less than an hour to install an AP supreme muffler with three new hangars total price $117. She's quiet now and there are no rattles. Very happy with the Gehman shop in all aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom