Grease Zerks (1 Viewer)

Good question.I found 4, and after greasing most of my clunking,loose feeling play was almost gone.I found only the 2 u-joints and the 2 driveshaft zerks. Vince

Dan,No I meant 1 per u joint =2 and 1 per driveshaft =2 for a total of 4?...Now ya got me wondering and my wife has the cruiser at the moment NOOOOO!..Seriously is there 6 total? It's killin me ya know. I have a '97 mind you. Thnx,Vince

I just greased the 96 last night and changed the diff and transfer case oil and DK is right .
Stock fzj80s have 6 . Each driveshaft has 3 (1 for each u jount and one for the slip jount )
Hell, you did 4 times better then the dealer :) I got my truck from as they greased the big goose egg :doh:
So go out there when the wife gets home and find the other 2 :D

What kind of grease should I be using on the driveshaft ect....

Bear-in-mind that I don't want to switch back and forth the grease that's in my gun. need to stay constant. Wheel bearings are packed now so that's not an issue.

Also since I already have grease in the u-joints, does it matter if I switch to another type? like switch from dino to synth?

???
R

Vlad

The Impaler
SILVER Star
U-joints shouldn't matter as you can pump new in and watch the old come out. :banana:

The driveshaft itself is where you need to wait and be patient...don't overfill that puppy or you will not have a good day. BOOM! :eek: ;)

**edit**
oh, and to answer you on the type of grease....I have this one grease gun I have been using for all zirks in all trucks for so long now I don't even know what it is. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom