grease for the birf repack?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what is everyones grease opinion on a birfield repack. brands and types are much appreciated. what exactly is moly? will al greases that are "moly" say they are moly. ive searched the forum. any other links to more info are much appreciated.

I like the Amsoil Moly Fortified. I use it in everything from birfs to bearings. Super good stuff. Robbie recommended it to me. HTH :cheers:

X2 for the Amsoil in the birfs, and Mobil One Synthetic Red for the wheel bearings (remember wheel bearings also get repacked on this job). Then, high temp brake grease on the front caliper slide pins. So, I guess 3 types required. Then I grease my own palm with the $1000 saved....

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
X2 for the Amsoil in the birfs, and Mobil One Synthetic Red for the wheel bearings (remember wheel bearings also get repacked on this job). Then, high temp brake grease on the front caliper slide pins. So, I guess 3 types required. Then I grease my own palm with the $1000 saved....

DougM

Haha, greasing your palm, funny but true. JMHO but skip the special grease for the bearings the Amsoil Moly is absolutly appropriate for wheel bearings. I even use it in the driveshafts now. You do need the special grease for the caliper slide pins and I use that on the antisqueel shims as well. :cheers:

nulon grease or redline

I used the Redline lube in my toyota mini axle birfs and it worked quite well. I don't know how it would work in the 80's since they are full time AWD but I imagine it would work fairly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom