Grease Fitting 74 FJ40

I bought a grease gun to lube up my 74 FJ40 (all stock). I notice that I can put the attach the gun to the zerk (not sure of the spelling) but once on it will not come off. I have to yank the daylights out of the thing to remove it. Are there different size fittings? If so, what is stock on this unit? And, how can i tell what size my gun has? Thanks.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

This is not uncommon, especially with a new gun and coupler. This will get easier after some use.

There are different sizes and styles, but they are not 'close', it is pretty obvious....needle style or larger 'button' heads are a couple examples.

Congrats on the grease gun! You are miles ahead of many others!

Good luck!

-Steve

mattcobb said:
I bought a grease gun to lube up my 74 FJ40 (all stock). I notice that I can put the attach the gun to the zerk (not sure of the spelling) but once on it will not come off. I have to yank the daylights out of the thing to remove it. Are there different size fittings? If so, what is stock on this unit? And, how can i tell what size my gun has? Thanks.
I can't verify it with a measurement but it DOES sometimes seem like the cruiser zerks are slightly larger that domestic ones. I use a flexible hose so can give the connector a twist when done.

I like them because it's easier to know when the gun is connected so there's less (usually none) wasted grease coming out at the connector without going into the joint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom