Gray/silver bumper paint, are these the same? (1 Viewer)

3C7D2CB7-A785-4AD7-BE09-1555F0D7DFB4.jpeg
Just a double-check, are the bumpers the same color on white and black LCs?
CE654EF9-9A93-4736-9FCD-3A8E5B67975C.jpeg

And yes, I’m trying to decide if it’s worth $250 to get the bumper from black truck. If someone else has a gray one near Ohio for cheaper, let me know. I don’t know if I’m ready to drop cash on a big heavy arb deluxe.

Maybe something like this for now?

Amazon product

Nice, I didn't know that existed ( I would just drill holes and zip tie stitch if something like that were an option). But I am missing that chunk, could not find it, and more importantly all the mounting parts are ripped apart. That's why the ratchet strap is in place. I have considered buying a gray ratchet strap though, hah.

its tough to tell from the pics, but there is a darker gray bumper/ trim color, which that black truck may have, caution on that one.

On paintscratch.com it lists these two that might describe it:

Color Code: UCA76Medium Gray Metallic (Cladding)

and

Color Code: UCA78Dark Taupe Metallic (Cladding)

The samples they show don't even look close, but I don't trust them. Indeed, there may be two grays, and may have to pass on this. Don't want to spend $250 and not have it match the trim and running boards (yeah I still have them for kids, and to hide rust/bondo).

If I did get an ARB deluxe, I would like to color match the old bumper if possible though. I don't like the black standing out.

Duct tape's gray ;)
I'd go ziptie route and put the $250 toward a future steel bumper. If the mounts are broken - what's a few more holes and more zipties?
I believe they're different grays

BTW - Is that a Datsun 320 next to the Cruiser?

Sweet. I love that the Bobcat is kinda the same size as the truck, haha. I don't know anyone who had a 320 but my uncle had a 620 when I was a kid. That truck got me to buy a 720 later in life, which I regretted selling....so I got my 75 Hilux to satisfy the need for a bare-bones little truck.
Anyway - good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom