SOLD Grass Valley California 1995 Moonglow Pearl 258k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 225, 255)
Update: seats recovered! Other parts installed, updated description
20210922_222245.jpg
20210922_222329.jpg
20210922_222411.jpg

20211005_153307.jpg
20211005_153327.jpg

$12,000 Clean Carfax

1995 Moonglow Pearl well maintained. No lockers. Basically stock with a few tasteful upgrades to include:

285 BFG AT with less than 8k miles
30MM spacers for slight lift.
LED headlight worth their weight in gold.
Uniden CB radio.

Recent parts that have been installed include:
Front seats have New upholstery
Bilsteins with less than 10k
Front and rear brake rotors and pads.
Distributor oring
Plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
AC belt.
Alternator belt
Valve cover gasket and plug boot seals.
New upgraded injectors
New PCV switching valve
Pesky Heater hose fixed
Clearcoat was gone so bumpers, roof, hood, fender flares, mirrors, door handles all got painted last year (A few small spots in clearcoat need work on hood)
Rear hatch Land Cruiser emblem OEM
Rain Gutter trim OEM
Drivers door felt OEM

Everything else is original and works except for passenger seat recline (button is missing)

I have 3rd row seats but are currently removed.

AC blows cold, transmission shifts smooth, engine runs strong, no clunks or weird noises.
Power windows and locks, key fob works.

Original owners manual in glove box sold out of Modesto Toyota.

258k miles

Dash is cracked just in front of driver, steering wheel needs recover as well as shifter.
D light in dash doesn't light.
Rear washer doesn't flow.
Passenger rear speaker is blown.
These are all common fj80 issues.

There is also a randomly occurring P0401 insufficient EGR flow code that pops up but all parts have been replaced and it still happens every 500-1000 miles. I keep a cheap scanner in the console and delete it asap. It never effects the performance. This issue is discussed at length on IH8MUD forum and seems to be a ghost code.

Zero Rust

Passed smog last year, should be fine, cats look great.

Its been a great vehicle. I've owned it about 1 year and put a lot of work into it initially. I'm 4th owner and for the previous owner it was a family wagon for most of the milage and I would say hardly left pavement. It is my daily driver and never let's me down. I've taken it on a few offroad excursions and it is the most capable vehicle I've ever driven. Again, I really regret needing to sell it, I love this thing!

Please contact with any questions or if you'd like more pics, I'll be happy to answer. 530 210 9709

Last edited:
Am I way off on the price here? I don't quite get why something with 75k less miles is twice as much. Its still 25 years old and rubber and vinyl are gonna perish. I'd wager a 175k mile rig might need more maintenance than 250k because the higher milage rig would HAVE to had more maintenance to be in similar condition. Thoughts?

Am I way off on the price here? I don't quite get why something with 75k less miles is twice as much. Its still 25 years old and rubber and vinyl are gonna perish. I'd wager a 175k mile rig might need more maintenance than 250k because the higher milage rig would HAVE to had more maintenance to be in similar condition. Thoughts?
I assume you're talking about the $23k Houston one?

The price only matters when someone buys it, which hasn't happened so far. The other one has lockers. And 75k miles isn't insignificant.

Your ad has way more details, better pictures.

But gosh that driver seat is rough.

You got in this at somewhere at or below $6,500 a year ago. You definitely put some work into it but my experience here is that we don't all value the hours put into a vehicle the same way. You are more than free to try to get your money and time back out, but this is a tough crowd for asking that.

With that being said, my hunch is that the market is cooling a bit on the rougher examples but still going crazy for ones that are ready for Instagram.

This would help: Lan1997 Toyota land cruiser OEM seat leather cover - auto parts - by... - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/pleasanton-lan1997-toyota-land-cruiser/7384057640.html

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm gonna pull those seats and install the covers, I hope it helps!
I assume you're talking about the $23k Houston one?

The price only matters when someone buys it, which hasn't happened so far. The other one has lockers. And 75k miles isn't insignificant.

Your ad has way more details, better pictures.

But gosh that driver seat is rough.

You got in this at somewhere at or below $6,500 a year ago. You definitely put some work into it but my experience here is that we don't all value the hours put into a vehicle the same way. You are more than free to try to get your money and time back out, but this is a tough crowd for asking that.

With that being said, my hunch is that the market is cooling a bit on the rougher examples but still going crazy for ones that are ready for Instagram.

This would help: Lan1997 Toyota land cruiser OEM seat leather cover - auto parts - by... - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/d/pleasanton-lan1997-toyota-land-cruiser/7384057640.html
I guess people don't read the ad. I had complete seat covers made and have only had time to install one piece. Also, I bought those covers from that guy in Dublin and it was trash because of cracking, only good for a pattern. I will install the covers so that looky loos can see them.

I guess people don't read the ad. I had complete seat covers made and have only had time to install one piece. Also, I bought those covers from that guy in Dublin and it was trash because of cracking, only good for a pattern. I will install the covers so that looky loos can see them.

I read the ad a couple times but my reading comprehension isn't that good. I'll do better next year.

But let's not ignore the fact that you asked the "looky loos" for price feedback. The difference between a looky loo and a buyer is only several thousand dollars.

Last edited:
I read the ad a couple times but my reading comprehension isn't that good. I'll do better next year.

But let's not ignore the fact that you asked the "looky loos" for price feedback. The difference between a looky loo and a buyer is only several thousand dollars.
Looks loos can take a leap, but if the shoe fits wear it. You gotta know you're just killing my chances of a sale with your comment. What gives, bad day? It just kills me someone wouldn't read the ad but go back through my history to find what they think was my purchase price. Did you also check the appearance from one year ago? Does it even look like the same rig? Any ideas on how much I've put into too, or is that beyond your speculative abilities? Cmon dude, nobody likes a downer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom