SOLD Grand Junction, CO (Western CO): 1996 FZJ80 Motor and trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled the stock motor and trans from a '96 80 for a cummins 4bt swap. I have had this motor in my garage for a year or so trying to sell on FB and thought to myself why the hell haven't I listed it on mud yet.

Motor will need to be rebuilt, vehicle was purchased not running with 220k miles. Previous owner indicated he had the top half of the motor rebuilt and a few hundred miles later something on the bottom half went bad. I can't tell you exactly what as he didn't give great info but he indicated it was crankshaft related. Transmission should be in good shape though I have no firsthand experience with the vehicle or how it was shifting. I do have receipts totaling about 10k in repairs and rebuilds on the motor/trans over the last few years by the PO before I bought it. Kind of unfortunate, seems they sunk a bunch of money into rebuilding the trans and motor only to have motor issues shortly thereafter.

Should have torque converter in it as I have not taken it apart. I have scavenged a couple things from the motor but not much. Oil pressure sensor & alternator comes to mind and I probably have some other sensors detached from it because I wasn't sure what I might need for the build. I've also taken some wiring from the trans. Also have some other parts like hard fuel lines, ECU, starter, and probably more you could check out while you're here and if we make a deal I'm happy to throw some of that stuff in too.

Lots of usable parts, hoping to get $800 but I'm negotiable and I do want it gone. I'm in Grand Junction, Colorado.
Thanks, Steve

IMG_20200719_124317.jpg
IMG_20200719_124323.jpg
IMG_20200719_124347.jpg
IMG_20200719_124358.jpg

Did you have a working oil level sensor you can part out? Please PM me $shipped to 75089

Did you have a working oil level sensor you can part out? Please PM me $shipped to 75089
Sorry, no idea if the sensor works but I could send it for 20 bucks if you want to try it. I would assume it's working fine, the truck was a DD for PO. I don't spend a lot of time on here but it says my conversations are full so I can't pm you (I only have one other conversation saved). Are you able to pm me instead?

I can PM you.

Tried. Says your inbox is full.

pls text me

four-69 Seven66 zero669

Would you sell the trans separately?

I just found one locally. Thanks for the offer.

Fair enough yeah. I’m in Littleton. What’s your availability? I’d be a maybe for thurs. weekend looks like it might be out. Have to see how it plays out. Could be next week or the 21st before I get up there. Have a cherry picker or hoist that lifts pretty high? Tail gate height is 4ft. I do have access to a smaller truck if not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom