SOLD Grand Junction, CO - 1985 Toyota Pickup Xtra Cab Low Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Color
Blue
Hi All--I'm sure I'll regret this, because I've given it a whole lotta love in the couple of years I've owned it, and I really enjoy driving it, but I'm ready to sell my '85 pickup as I need to clear a garage space to make way for a new FJ40 (which I don't have--so I'm shopping and would also be interested in throwing this truck plus cash into a deal). Otherwise looking for $6500.

I acquired this truck from an older woman in Western Colorado who didn't drive it much, hence the lower miles. The motor runs very strong and it's a very clean pickup for the year. No modifications from original that I can tell, other than the radio and a switch that was installed to run some additional lights on the front (switch is still there to the left of the steering wheel, but lights are gone). The blue paint is original and looks great. I get compliments all of the time. Of course being a 35 year old truck, it has some dings, scratches, but compared to most of these trucks, this one is really nice. It was not abused and I've babied the heck out of it since the day I got it.

Highlights: -Original blue paint, interior is super clean and is in fantastic shape. The seats aren't even ripped. Door panels are in-tact. I was lucky to find a NOS blue dash pad that is now installed in the truck...not to be confused with a cheaper "dash cap". The original dash pad wasn't too bad, but I couldn't resist the new one. Low, 137k miles. Floor vinyl is not all ripped up. Cab/front end is not rusted, undercarriage only has some spots of surface rust. The doors are straight and they open/close as they should. No funky or poor wiring jobs. No funky smells. No leaks.

Not-so-pretty things: rust spots in bed, however they are absolutely fixable and I'd for sure take care of that for the long haul. The flat section of the bed is not all rusted out though, and is usable. The grille has a crack in it. The driver seatbelt gets a little sticky, as in the ball in the belt reel mechanism likes to grab easily, making for seatbelt installation to be a little slow.

All of the following work has been completed in recent months:Fluids changed, fuel filter, cap/rotor, spark plugs, wires, shocks (Bilsteins), front remanufactured brake calipers/rotors/fluids/pads, front axle rebuilt (entire kit, including bearings, seals, and Old Man Emu steering stabilizer). I mainly went with the OME stabilizer to match the yellow shocks :). I never once took the truck off-road myself. Valve cover gasket was done about a year and a half ago along with a valve adjustment. Newer Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires - 95% tread. New stereo and speakers (stock size--no modifications). Fuel pump. Oil change about 200 miles ago, including air filter. New windshield. Windshield wipers. Clutch master/slave cylinder and fluid. Drive belts. Rear differential pinyon seal. New muffler/tail-pipe. Battery date: 05/18.

The last owner reported that the timing chain was redone in recent times, and though she couldn't locate the paperwork, I can report that the motor runs very smooth and quiet and there is no evidence of a loose chain or no weird noises from the motor.

Has power steering. Does not have AC. Has a clock. Dome lights work as they should. Drives straight and steering is tight.

Clean title in-hand.

There's not really anything needed at the moment in order to enjoy this great '85. Just buy and drive the heck out of it! Overall this is a great truck in a cool color combo that is very clean with low miles that runs strong and looks great. You won't be disappointed. Appreciate you checking it out!

Two videos here:

IMG_6897.jpg
IMG_5807.JPG
IMG_8062.JPG

IMG_9979.JPG

IMG_6908.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful truck! Did I miss the price somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom