Grand Canyon Backcountry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to spend the coming weekend (19-21) camping and exploring the GC Backcountry. I plan on stopping at the Toroweap overlook to camp one night and I want to check out a couple other overlooks on the trip. If anyone wants to come with let me know. There is tons to explore out there.

I am going to spend the coming weekend (19-21) camping and exploring the GC Backcountry. I plan on stopping at the Toroweap overlook to camp one night and I want to check out a couple other overlooks on the trip. If anyone wants to come with let me know. There is tons to explore out there.

How was it?

It was amazing, this is the best time of year to go to Toroweap or the Grand canyon. Not very many people are aware of the Toroweap overlook and it is amazing with a 70 mile dirt road trip one way. I think everyone with a 4x4 should do this trip. It could be done on the way to moab.

I tried to post some pictures but it won't work for me..... I posted a bunch on the what did you do with your 80 this weekend. Page 2285 post 45691

Don't post up too much stuff ;) I camped at the Toroweap campground for one night Saturday. Great weather, saw a couple scorpions (black light at night). Burned about 32 gallons in the 100 series. Aux fuel tank was great--especially detouring around Stateline back up in a stiff head wind (7-9 mpg yikes)

Last edited:
Idk if it is directed at me, but I'll have to pass. It's like asking me to give up secret fishing/surf spot.

Directed at anyone willing to be paid for writing. We've ran stories about this area and have published photos. One of our staff photographers is super familiar with that entire area and we've run some amazing photos from that entire region. Not looking for secret areas or maps but editorial about traveling in Land Cruisers. No worries though, just looking for content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom