Grainger valves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For anyone who wants one I have found them at acklands. They are not in there cataloge online or in store. I had them cross reference them from the grainger site and the part number is #WWG5Z763. From what they told me they are stocked in edmonton but not in vancouver. I have two coming on wednesday and will post when I get them to let you all know wether they are the right thing or not.

It was around the 7.50 mark each.

Picked them up today and it is excactly what you want. Once I get it all set up I will post photos and a report on how to do the install.(Once I figure it out for myself)

lookin forward to what you have to do to make the valve work. I thought I read somewhere it has to be mod' a little bit to work.

I will buy one as well soon.

BURGER--- " Once I get it all set up I will post photos and a report on how to do the install.(Once I figure it out for myself)"

Did you have to modify the valve? Any install info would also be helpful.
Are you happy with the results?

Yes I had to modify. I have no time to talk now as I am getting ready for a trip to the cariboo for some fly fishing/ scouting for next week deer opening.

I will post when I am back and give you the full scoop. Yes I am happy but make sure you have a boost gauge.

Burger Did you get your deer yet?

When you get a chance could you let me know what kind of mod's you made to the granger valve?
Any useful links?

Thanks

I bought mine from Acklands in poco for 7.50. Pretty easy to modify- brass fitting with barb on one end ( home depot) drill out the other end and epoxy in another barb. Works great on my hj61 - getting about 12 LBS of boost. It think this valve could use a stronger spring though because it is adjusted almost to the max limit to get 12 LBS of boost . I did not turn up the fuel as I my EGT can reach 1300 climbing step hills (like the cut on hwy1 in north van) with the extra boost. I wonder if a previous owner had already turned it up?

Greasypants was it a noticable increase in power? I assume that there must be going from 7psi to 12psi. Thanks for the info.

I did not notice much change in power as I never turned the fuel up . I was planning to increase fuel but after installing the pyrometer and seeing how hot it was runnung on steep hills I decided not to touch the fuel ( plus I couldn't figure out which screw to adjust anyway ). With the increased boost it did run cooler and I could push the engine more but it still would reach 1300+ easier then I thought it would so I left the fuel alone.

Just goes to show how individual trucks are and subjective power is...making peoples experiences different. It was a noticable increase in pulling power on hills going from 8lbs to 10.5 with my 13BT, and I have had a hard time getting temps over 1000 (probe post turbo and I assume you are pre-turbo?) so far with the increased air mass. I am sure it will, and I will have to drive to the gauge...have to try the coquhala soon. Stone noticed quite a difference too, though his is not gauged yet.

gb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom