grabbing brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought my wife a loaded 2002 LC. Love it to death. On thing I have noticed is that the brakes are very sensitive. Sometimes it is difficult to park because it is difficult to modulate. It is not as hard to control when driving at speeds but at parking lot speeds the slightest pressure to the brake pedal causes the truck to jerk to a stop. I thought maybe it just had really good brakes but now I am a little concerned it might be something more serious. Back pads have about 25% left front 40%. No obvious signs of leakage or damage. Would it be wise just to change to new pads and flush the system. If so anything special about the landcruisers braking system over other toyotas. Can it just be maually bleed like any outher truck? RR, LR, RF and LF right?.

I recall a thread on this a while back but I do not remember the conclusion. I can say that the other two 100's I ownerd did NOT have this issue. So, you could be right. Kind of funny though-typically it is the opposite complaint i.e. not enough pressure ( :

One of my biggest complaints about the LC is that the brakes are too grabby/sensitive. This is especially true when the sensitive brakes are combined with a pretty stiff gas pedal. Leads to some stops that are less than smooth.

If anyone knows a fix/adjustment for this, please post.

My wifes '02 has brakes that grab at slow speeds, my '04 does not. It almost feels as though the calipers are moving on the rotors.
Hers is low miles(16K) with plenty of brake pad and rotor remaining. Mine is at 30K with no issue.
We have owned both since new so no brake work has been done LTD.

Same problem here. Sometimes light braking feels like a sharp hard hit on the pedal, and also when braking gently going down hill the braking will dramatically increase like the abs came on. Has no one a solution?

My front calipers needed to be changed. They kept sticking. The truck had about 105 k on it and it is a 2000 lx470. Just had similar issue with my gx470 it is a 2009 with 90k. Dealer had to change one caliper, lexus covered it under warranty. It was sticking.

Thanks. I did the rear calipers but not the front. So that's next/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom