GPS tech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I came across this Canada Maps App - Hiking Trails, Hunting, Camping, 4x4 | Gaia GPS from another thread.
So I am asking if anyone using this apple crap if they are familiar with it? I have a iPad and iPhone as
per company policy so it’s been a trial finding something but this seems to be as close to a Garmin
as I’ve seen. It does have all of Canada in various forms. It’s a subscription based service, but around
$20/year. I downloaded the Backroad Mapbooks app BRB - total complete junk! In a word, Don’t! It cost
$9.99, I hope they enjoyed their money for nothing from me.

Have you tried Avenza maps? We use then at work for most things now and they are pretty gal darn good. Downloadable to any Mac or android. As for the Gaia stuff I have no experience with them sorry.

Have you tried Avenza maps? We use then at work for most things now and they are pretty gal darn good. Downloadable to any Mac or android. As for the Gaia stuff I have no experience with them sorry.
No, but I will look.
BTW, I ran out of time on my trip to come in to Terrace. I contemplated messaging you, just not enough time. I drove right by the crime scene of the death of Prof Dyck at the brake check on the south side of the Stikine Hill. I only got home with 8 days to prepare for 5 week work tour. Coming back up there in Sept. - do you get out towards Vanderhoof or Smithers much?

Last edited:
Check it out. I was working in Bob Quinn Lake when it all went down. Really sad is all I Can say. I’ll be in Smithers a bunch this fall. Let me know if your around.

Here is an interesting read. For the rich or Jones’. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve found the Garmin double check
pretty damned handy the last couple of adventures but I’m still a primate in the bush. Don’t really need the
electronic link yet. But this device shows Garmin is getting the message. I think the best feature is the ability
to back out for a good overview, and still get close down definition of trails and roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom