1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gov. Schwarzenegger idiot

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by dblugly, Aug 22, 2006.

1. dblugly

dblugly

Ca. Gov. Schwarzenegger is raising the min wage, IDIOT:mad: :mad: :mad:

end of rant

2. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

ummmm question....why is that bad?

3. -Spike-

-Spike-

Yes, elaborate please.

-Spike

4. dblugly

dblugly

how is that going to help? You raise the min wage for people working at fast food restaurants, so their price goes up. Same for everything else the hires unskilled labor. This will totally screw the middle class (ME). I am not going to get a raise, but I am sure everything I purchase is going to go up in price. Remember Min wage was not meant to raise a family of four on, or buy a house, new SUV, Etc.. It is a starting point for unskilled labor.

5. OZCAL

OZCAL

I would prefer my burgers were made by happy people with a few $$ in their pocket.

6. dblugly

dblugly

So for no reason we give every min wage maker a raise that they did not earn. If they are doing a great job and deserve a raise great, ask your boss for one, if you don't get it, get a new job. Why has the government decided what a employer should pay an entry level employee. Again its the Government looking out for all the little people and screwing the middle class. All it is going to do is look good on paper, "Look what we did for you".

7. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more.

I don't like paying low wage workers more out of my pocket either, but let's face it, the cost of living and durable goods has gone up. As a Middle Class worker, you have a moderate cushion in your income to deal with the increase in the cost of services due to this wage increase (if you don't, you should). Those who earn the minimum wage do not have such a cushion in order to purchase basic goods, the price of which has consistently risen, but the minimum wage has not.

If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the energy industry, and its shills in government. It's the pinch of their massive profits you're feeling in your panties.

8. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more.

Do you really believe that the gov't is out to save the little guy? Screwing the middle class is one thing, but I've never seen anything but the most cursory nods from gov't towards low-wage workers.

9. dblugly

dblugly

Are all the social services just a, "Cursory nod".

Again let me say min wage is a start for young unskilled workers, not meant to raise a family, look around at who is working these jobs now. It's not the pimple faced kids of yesteryear. It is people that should be doing supervisory jobs to say the least, but I presume from the choices they have made in the past they now find themselves asking. "you want fries with that". And now we, the government, are going to give them a raise across the board. It looks to me like a big group hug at the middle class expense.

By the way I go commando:grinpimp:

10. surfpig

surfpig The Anti-Tech

11. smittycrusher

smittycrusher "Hey big guy, you a golfer" - Roger Dorn SILVER Star

I am a small business owner that must fight for every penny. I have been fighting a price increase for quite some time now as my COGS sold has gone up quite a few points. Now as min. wage goes up (which does not give any of my employees a raise...even the ones who have only been there a week) I have to think that it will be the last straw for a price increase....I still have bills too and also will now have to pay more for my personal expenses due to economic price increases! I also lose one of my recruiting tools (starting pay above min. wage). So I either start pay at min. wage (read lesser quality employee/service) or continue to pay above (read price increase for the end user/higher quality service/employee)

Smit

12. bundy18

bundy18

do you guys remember going to a thing called college so that you could become "skilled" things aren't cheap (rent, food, gas, electricity, natural gas, trash, cable, internet, etc) why don't you try doing this making $5.15/hr working 20-30hrs/week while attending college full time and paying tuition of $200-$300 per credit hour, now remember that most classes are 3 credits and that in order to attend full time it is at least 12 credits, and this is only 1 semester.
    and really how many people is it really going to affect because very few places i know of are actually paying minimum wage, note i do not know what CA is raising it too but it doesn't even really matter, i used to be a clerk at walgreens and target and made $7.75 and $8.30/hr
    i don't think its a bad thing, everything else has went up, why hasn't wages? do you get a cost of living raise? if you do why don't we take it away because that is all this is doing is just giving them one that they haven't recieved in a long time
    rant over for now

13. Relix

Relix

Once again we'll see buisinesses and middle class people fleeing CA..... What's bad for CA is good for Arizona and Nevada

14. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm all for raising the minimum wage. Let's knock off a few corporate CEO's and divert their funds. Some of these clowns make $50 mil a year and work no harder than a guy flipping burgers. Sure, they have skills, but skills can be taught. Besides, that would cover the cost increase.... ;)

Trading Places....:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Relix

Relix

"I knew you all was fags"

16. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

You really believe that about CEO's?

17. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    Most countries in the western world have higher minimum wages than is paid in the US.
    In the US corporate chiefs get paid much higher than elsewhere.
    Maybe its time they tightened their belts instead of screwing some kid working their way through school or an adult parent down on their luck.

18. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Try being poor sometime.

It'll change you perspective on a lot of things.

Like "Go to college if you want to get paid more" :rolleyes:

Minimum wage hasn't increased in 10 years. The price of everything else has gone up.

Get pissed at those who are raping you every day for obscene profits, not because your Big Mac might go up $.02

19. Zimm

Zimm

youre absolutely right! now why dont you tell us all why deflation is good!

20. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

you know my wife used to be one of those people working for minimum wage at a fast food resteraunt in Utah and before I got my job we almost went bankrupt. Don't bash the "little guy" becuase I may appear middle class but I AM that little guy when I don't have a job. I think minimum wage needs to go up country-wide because 5.15 an our barely paid the TWO bills me and my wife had per month with no spending money...period!

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">