Gotta love Walmart, 2006 LX470 rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife made the mistake of swinging by our local Walmart and to her credit, tried to park far away from everyone. Unfortunately, when she returned to the LX, she saw the bumper like this. No clue how it happened but nevertheless, it sucks. The vehicle’s exterior WAS almost mint.

Plan to call Lexus tomorrow to see if a rear number can be sourced still, hoping to not hear a +1000k quote.

D218AFA3-7B67-44A7-906D-F7A72EFE3C91.jpeg

4C976F43-B562-4AB5-9F2C-20237C64059A.jpeg

that sucks! sorry to hear this I myself went to Walmart earlier and just like what your wife did I always make sure to park faaaaar away from everybody. Maybe a good reason to goo aftermarket ARB or Slee or Dissent.

Just got to a body shop that does plastic welding. They'll fix that in 30 mins, piece of cake. Then just respray (which you could probably do yourself for $100 if you're semi-handy.

that place is such a zoo, the shady characters and unusual behavior. we just had bomb threats in local walmarts a few days ago.

Just got to a body shop that does plastic welding. They'll fix that in 30 mins, piece of cake. Then just respray (which you could probably do yourself for $100 if you're semi-handy.

Yes, that's an easy repair.

Got any zip ties? 😂

0944A738-5EB7-4593-AE43-F42CD242DFEB.jpeg

happens everywhere, the best you can do is park far away.. and even then once i did that and got keyed for owning a brand new car with new dealer tags.. must have been someone mad that they can't buy a new car? no idea.

The other day i was at Costco some 60 year old lady while it was windy and reaching into her trunk without knowing cart slammed into next car, she looked at it and proceeded to go about her business.

Sh*t happens and we can't control everything.

This happens even in the Ritziest part of town too ! My 13 yo car with respectable paint still got keyed. .....

How long have you owned it? FWIW Looks like the bumper was resprayed at some point- and could have been previously damaged and came apart with a minimal bump.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.32.34 AM.png

Pick up a used cover for pennies on the dollar, I’d bet you could get one for $100 in good shape if you’re willing to wait.

Instead of paying dealer pricing I’d spring for a bumper from Dissent or 4x4labs instead...

I think the cost for this is up to you - how good do you want it to look?

If you want perfection, you need a new bumper (or very good used), resprayed by a pro. That'll be $1000+

If you want it to just look not obviously broken, it can be done cheap. Plastic weld, body filler, adhesion promoter, primer, base, clear. If you're brand new to painting blending it well might be tough. Using good chemicals that'll still probably be a few hundred $$.

is there any sign of damage, paint transfer or scuff?

wondering if it was like that for some time and she just noticed it walking back to the rig?

the plastic will take some abuse before actually cracking, it will give and deflect and get back into shape. there is a plastic weld that comes in a silicone tube, a 2 part that mixes in the nozzle, maybe able to repair it.

I'm not sure if there are any differences between LC and LX covers but I just removed one off my 99 LC that you could have for free. Getting it from Houston to you might be a deal killer though.

1f1d7a410ff2488a9a0f85cf7316db02.jpg

7ce733c0627848fa972e405dcd8fa5d5.jpg

cfd11c6fe0034aeaa6d99dd8e527e899.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom