gotta love biased magazines

concretejungle

SILVER Star

Only the manufacturers who pay the magazine the most money get the best ratings. Sad, but true. Funny thing is in this article the ATK outperformed the others in speed and handling, but yet was ranked last? :confused: The damn article is about finding the "big dog" of the quads......sounds to me like you would rate the fastest quad number one, right?.....guess not. I love the quote "this often lead to the test riders riding faster than they had wanted to".....i mean WTF? Isn't it a test on speed, for race quads.?

http://www.atkusa.com/newsite/news/2005/BigDog.pdf

I'm kinda partial since i have a ATK motorcycle.

It's the same thing with the boating/fishing magazines I get. Most of these rags have turned into blatant advertisements. Little objective data and no review of any product is ever a bad one. Let most of my boat mag subscriptions expire years ago.

Jim

I know what you mean concrete. I used to buy magazines, not advertisements. The site www.exriders.com has turned into it for quads. Very sad. From it being a site to 400ex/honda only quads and a 100% free site its turned intoa large money-making machine any and every type of quad and sponor. If you post one bad thing about a advertisers product you are banned right now.

Pretty biased article. Its ashame that who pays the most wins the most. BTW dirtwheels thinks that the YFZ450 is gods gift. I will admit its a great bike but if yamaha released a GYTR s***bag dirtwheels would say its the best ever because it is yamaha.

ARGH! rant off!

brian

SILVER Star

this is the reason why i quit buying 4wheel and off road.

jeep was greasing the wheels.

and for sport quads, there is no better than the suzuki Z400 :flipoff2:

Capt. Jim,

boating/fishing magazines are worthless. Seems like the only original ideas were the ones the readers sent in trying to win the prize of the month. Best tip for chumming, buy a couple of $0.25 cans of fishy cat food, poke holes in it and throw it overboard. won't see that one if saltwater sportsman, not while there are chum adds.

Top Bottom