gotta get out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The road is full of "No Trespassing" and "Local Traffic Only" signs, even though it is the only route to this public space. We don't need any special permission to go. So let's go! I'd still love to find that road that goes to Santa Clarita.

A better map of the park
map.jpg

Attachments

• joughin.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 170
Dudes.

I am totally up for this.

Ken and I went exploring up in this area years ago, probably in 1998 or so. At the time, those "no trespassing" signs and "road closed" signs were down, so we drove up a dirt road into the hills. got quite a way back in there, it was fun. Met up with a couple of cowboys on horseback (yes, they were armed) who weren't too friendly. So we left. Too bad, it was a really cool place to explore, and there were some fun trails back there.

Dana

Sometimes I think guys like that ride around armed just because they can and not because they're protecting something. Cowboy Power-trip. If they are protecting something it's most likely illicit activity.

I'd be up to going.

Looking to set up a day to do this as an organized "run". I wanted to find out what day would be ideal for the majority. I can do the weekend and I can do any weekday AFTER next week. I may be starting a new job very soon so I may be limited to weekends. I could do this Sunday the 28th or next Friday the 3rd. What say you? I'd like to go out, as Dana suggested, before it gets too brown and then the fire threat becomes and issue and then we REALLY wont be welcome by the locals.

the 3rd is good for me. assuming i can find a smog pump and install by then, im at the mercy of the rebuilder:bang: lets keep it low pro so we wont attract too much attention!

the 3rd is good for me. assuming i can find a smog pump and install by then, im at the mercy of the rebuilder:bang: lets keep it low pro so we wont attract too much attention!

These guys are in Van Nuys. I forget their name, but I know they used to do the rebuilds for Spector.

818-780-8416

get a shorter belt

I will check on a pump to day

gonna try to gut a core tomorrow at lunch and install after work, or was thinkin about a dual alt setup! kurt at sor showed me his and hooked me up with f motor alt bracket.

so what's the deal, guys? Are we gonna go trespass on the 3rd, or what?

:)

So you guys still going tomorrow? If so, what are the details? What time are you setting off....from where....what time you getting back...etc etc.

I might be able to go if I get the day off.

OK, I'm up for doing this. I just took apart my fan clutch and re-filled it with thicker oil, so I kinda want to test it out. Then I gotta pull the radiator and replace that, but I can do that next week.

Joey, what is the access situation with these trails, do you know? I'm not really interested in violating anyone's private property. The time Ken and I went up there we had a good time, but the signs were down and we broke no laws. I am not interested in receiving a trespassing citation from some ranger while we're up there.

And if those trails are closed, are there other interesting ones in the general area? Maybe on the Santa Clarita side of the hills?

let me know if we're actually going to do this, so I can re-install the fan. Otherwise I'll leave it off and yank out the radiator.

Dana

The area is currently open and the old signs are up but there is ONLY one way to access the public park, and that is driving past those signs. I cannot guarantee we won't find an overzealous ranger or rancher but open to explore and document what trails are open and what are not once we are there. I have a client meeting at 9am in Camarillo which should only take about an hour so I think I would be good to go around 11-11:30am tomorrow.

Joey, I sent you a PM

I'm going to pass as that's a little later than I wanted to start off the day at.

Maybe next time.

I'm going to pass as that's a little later than I wanted to start off the day at.

Maybe next time.

Chances are we wont be able to get too far but still wanted to check it out. We could do it much earlier and then I could do my meeting later in the afternoon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom