gotta get out (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wifeys have a party and kickin us boys out late afternoon, i gotta work some time on sunday so its gotta be quick n easy. thinkin about checkin out sawmill rd. any comments

Now that Sunday is history.........what happened?:hmm:

just went out behind the 118 at canoga. dirt road kinda washed out, a little sketchy but ok. seemed to go on for ever. didnt want to explore do deep cause i was alone. plus was worried about gettin shot at!! i wanna go desert xplorin with you and calico SOON!

just went out behind the 118 at canoga. dirt road kinda washed out, a little sketchy but ok. seemed to go on for ever. didnt want to explore do deep cause i was alone. plus was worried about gettin shot at!! i wanna go desert xplorin with you and calico SOON!

That all goes back into what use to be Deer Lake which use to be a resort for celebs during the 30s and 40s until it burned down in the late 40s. Also up there is a nike base and radio towers. I've taken it pretty far on the road until I was told to go back by a security guard on horseback. Still curious to see more of whats back there.

i thought there was more out there, the road just kept going....... lets get together and explore once i get the arb s installed and winch mounted, wont be as intimidating then. we can sweet talk our way out of a ticket or just baffle em with bul sh**

i thought there was more out there, the road just kept going....... lets get together and explore once i get the arb s installed and winch mounted, wont be as intimidating then. we can sweet talk our way out of a ticket or just baffle em with bul sh**

I'm game, I've always been curious

There is actually a road that I took right after the Northridge Earthquake that went from Pico Canyon in Stevenson's Ranch in Newhall that connected to DeSoto I think. It was a really rough trail/road and I had a 79 4WD toy pup with 37s at the time. It was the only way to bypass the massive lines to get through to the valley from Santa Clarita to get my boss.

That all goes back into what use to be Deer Lake which use to be a resort for celebs during the 30s and 40s until it burned down in the late 40s. Also up there is a nike base and radio towers. I've taken it pretty far on the road until I was told to go back by a security guard on horseback. Still curious to see more of whats back there.

What are they guarding? SoCal area 51?

Its the location of an old Nike Missile base (there is another one in the mountains above Sylmar and one near Lake Piru) plus it also leads to the radio/antennae towers on the top of the mountain there.

Its the location of an old Nike Missile base (there is another one in the mountains above Sylmar and one near Lake Piru) plus it also leads to the radio/antennae towers on the top of the mountain there.

Cool info, I will not go looking for it then.

LA-Nike-Rather.jpg

Total Hijack:

I had heard of this collection of missile sites, but never really read up on them.

Here's a cool link that I found about them. We should have kept them all in service!

LA-88

JOSE!!!!!

Awesome find!

I think a call to Sheriff Deputy Robert Hiller to perhaps pay a visit and snap off some better quality photos, is in order. :D

JOSE!!!!!

Awesome find!

I think a call to Sheriff Deputy Robert Hiller to perhaps pay a visit and snap off some better quality photos, is in order. :D

I was thinking the same thing...It'd be cool to check them out.

well i wanna go check it out. my smog pump froze friday b4 big bear trip so it screwed my whole weekend. soon as i fix it lets make plans to go up there ok.

Just found out that Oat Mountain and the surrounding Oat Mountain Ranch is part of the Orcutt Family Ranch in Chatsworth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom