Gotta Few More Mods Underway... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

very nice, you know if you would quit working on it you could wheel.

:doh: Yeah, but how am I going to design new stuff & test out my :idea:?

Updates:
I replaced the gas sending unit & rebuilt the clutch master cylinder. I still have to bleed the all the hydraulics. Now, I'm saving up for the Staun$$$.

sweet, you going to make the annual this year? I finally fixed the birf that i busted over a year ago on mine. Patrick

Nope :frown: I ain't showin w/o a running rig. I still have a few items to finish up ($$$). I was bleeding the brakes today & noticed I hooked the prop valve to the front outlet on the master cylinder :doh: Not a big problem, I'll just cut the lines, reflare, & add 2 couplers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I finished up the brakes & clutch bleeding. I realized I needed an overhead interior light, so I found one & fabbed a bracket to install it to the rear of the cage. I ran the wiring thru the tube & also made some caps for the area, at the rear of the door jamb, that the hardtop poles slide into. I discovered some standing water inside the cage when I was drilling for the lower wire exit spot, so I drilled up from the bottom to drain it all out. That black water was nasty :eek:
DSC00967.JPG
DSC00966.JPG

Last edited:
Long Awaited Update

I finally bought a set of used Staun beadlocks. I prepped the wheels (drilled & chamfered access holes) & dropped them off at 4 Wheel Parts so they can finish the install. Hydro hoses, lockouts, & custom inner axle shafts should wrap up this rebuild. Driveway pics to follow....:hillbilly:

I picked up my wheels today w/ the Stauns installed :bounce: I'll be buying some 3000 psi reuseable fittings & hose for my hydro lines this week. That way I can custom make them to length & make my own trail repair if needed.
DSC01059.JPG

A couple other items I needed to take care of was adding a flex hose to the exhaust. I didn't think I'd need one but after having my gasket crack at the header collector, I figured that was the cause, so I installed one. Second thing was the locking hubs. Since Superwinch discontinued the locking hubs I use, I thought I'd better have a backup set for the :pig: So, I removed the Superwinch hubs & picked up 2 new sets of Selectro hubs. I got them for a :smokin: deal. They just have another name on them.
DSC01060.JPG
DSC01061.JPG

Hydro Fittings:

I stopped by B & J hydraulics to pick up my converted fittings. I brought Jason the ends I cut off the old hoses & he brazed on 6-AN fittings - 1 flared for the PSC steering box & 3 bump line fittings for the hydro boost unit & P/S pump. These are reuseable fittings that will allow me to make my own & field fix if necessary. I still have to get a few 45 & 90 deg 6-AN fittings to complete the assy.

One last item to finish off this upgraded build is custom front inner shafts. I called www.dutchmanmotorsports.com & they said they can cut the LC spline profile.
DSC01063.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom