gotta do the ol' radiator!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by livelarg, Aug 16, 2006.

1. livelarg

livelarg

Media:
    Albums:
    I have to replace my radiator in my 92' cruiser. Is there a step by step instructions for this anywhere? I read that it is a pain in the A*&, so I was hoping for a little guidance.
    Thanks
    Kent

2. CJF

CJF

Sure; right in the FSM in the CO (cooling system) chapter. ;p

But seriously, the first time I did it I got by with a Haynes manual and a little common sense: "Hmm..., I don't see how that's going to come off unless I pull this off first; o-kay then..." :D

Dig in, and post up one o' those "REAL TIME HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads when (oops! I mean if!) ya get stuck. :doh:

Just in a goofy mood tonight; no offense. :grinpimp:

Good luck,

Curtis
    91FJ80

P.S. My favorite part goes something like this: "Step 1. Remove the battery and the battery tray. " What?! For the radiator??

3. livelarg

livelarg

Media:
    Albums:
    I read on this site about how hard it was to do the radiator. One guy said it was a 3-4 hour job. I got mine out in under 45 minutes. very easy. Maybe it was another land cruiser that was hard.
    I am taking it to a shop to repair my radiator. They said that they can repair the plastic/aluminum radiators. They just take it apart, replace the gaskets and stuff and put it back together. $90 estimate.
    I'll let you know how it is.

Kent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.