1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gotta do the ol' radiator!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by livelarg, Aug 16, 2006.

1. livelarg

livelarg

Media:
    Albums:
    I have to replace my radiator in my 92' cruiser. Is there a step by step instructions for this anywhere? I read that it is a pain in the A*&, so I was hoping for a little guidance.
    Thanks
    Kent

2. CJF

CJF

Sure; right in the FSM in the CO (cooling system) chapter. ;p

But seriously, the first time I did it I got by with a Haynes manual and a little common sense: "Hmm..., I don't see how that's going to come off unless I pull this off first; o-kay then..." :D

Dig in, and post up one o' those "REAL TIME HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads when (oops! I mean if!) ya get stuck. :doh:

Just in a goofy mood tonight; no offense. :grinpimp:

Good luck,

Curtis
    91FJ80

P.S. My favorite part goes something like this: "Step 1. Remove the battery and the battery tray. " What?! For the radiator??

3. livelarg

livelarg

Media:
    Albums:
    I read on this site about how hard it was to do the radiator. One guy said it was a 3-4 hour job. I got mine out in under 45 minutes. very easy. Maybe it was another land cruiser that was hard.
    I am taking it to a shop to repair my radiator. They said that they can repair the plastic/aluminum radiators. They just take it apart, replace the gaskets and stuff and put it back together. $90 estimate.
    I'll let you know how it is.

Kent

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">