Gotta be the radiator right? ( 85 BJ70 ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
I noticed the coolant resevoir was a little low so I topped it off. After a short drive and being parked overnight it was down again. I can't find any hose leaks and took this picture of the bottom rear (fan side) of the radiator. The picture is from above and behind the radiator with the camera pointing down between the fan and the radiator. Before I ordered a new OEM radiator I just wanted to make sure no one had any other culprits to suggest.

Thanks,
Jason
radiator leak.jpg

not necesarily (sp?). i had a customer come in with a leak and it all pointed to the rad but int he end it was a pin hole leak in a gasket that shot the antifreeze forward against the rad. bugger to fix and a bugger to detect.
my suggestion is buy a coolant presser tester and pump it up to 16 lbs while watching for the leak to appear... this is a sure way to find the leak.
cheers

Thanks Wayne. I'll pick up a pressure tester. Would the fan or upper portion of the back side of the radiator be wet if it was spraying from a gasket?

that is what i thought but the fan seemed to dry off fast enough not to show the wettnes and the air though the rad kept it dry, or so it seemed.
i am not saying this is a definate, just what i expereinced that caught me off guard...
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom