1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got to love the J@#P guys!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by 3puttcop, Aug 13, 2005.

1. 3puttcop

3puttcop

I go to this dive shop to get some tanks filled and this guy that works there has an older J&@P Cherokee, bondo and primer, lifted with 35’s…now this guy is just giddy over my FJ60 and asks about it. I tell him my next upgrade is deferential lockers.

Then the juy says. “Yeah I just welded my differentials together locking it up”. WHAT A GENIUS!

2. honk

honk

Media:

So? A lot of people weld up differentials to lock them. Works fine off of asphalt and a welded rear doesn't have the quirky feel or clunking racket of the LockRite or Aussielocker type gizmo.

3. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    YEAH.....oohhh wait.

Welding works great. Just about every good ol back home chevy here has it done.

You elitists and your lockers. Phhhffffff. :flipoff2:

4. mabrodis

mabrodis

Well, welding the diff does work great, since you are creating a spool, problem is you are creating a spool and you usually don't drive all the time on a spool.

We welded the front diff of a old '72 40 we had when I was in highschool, it was the only way it would ever see a locker, had no money (who does in high school?), but had tools and a welder at the school... :D

5. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    They call it a Lincoln Locker (as in Lincoln Welder...). It's pretty strong, cheap, and for the dedicated offroader. Old school.

6. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    meh. if ya do it right it works good off road..have had a few friends blow em up. as for a DD i'll keep the locker i have in the rear.