got tired drilling up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
Was under my truck installing class 4 hitch. Drilling holes overhead in frame for 1/2 bolts. Arms and shoulders were just killing me, when I thought of a better way. (No, not paying somebody else to do it.) Put a 4x4 on the ground as a fulcrum, long 1x2 as a lever under the drill. Pulled trigger and balanced with left hand, pushed down on the lever with the right, and in a matter of seconds had the upward force needed to drill through the frame. Worked great, able to lift a mug of cold brew when I was done.

Must not have been using very sharp drill bits, or a Milwaukee 1/2" Hole shooter....

Sounds safe... :rolleyes:

Plowboy said:
Was under my truck installing class 4 hitch. Drilling holes overhead in frame for 1/2 bolts. Arms and shoulders were just killing me, when I thought of a better way. (No, not paying somebody else to do it.) Put a 4x4 on the ground as a fulcrum, long 1x2 as a lever under the drill. Pulled trigger and balanced with left hand, pushed down on the lever with the right, and in a matter of seconds had the upward force needed to drill through the frame. Worked great, able to lift a mug of cold brew when I was done.

The old Redneck-upside-down drillpress. Good tip Plowboy!

And Steve.....some of us cannot afford a Milwaukee Hole Shooter...or sharp drillbits, aaaaaaaaaAND, we LIKE working upside down with oil and hot metal shards falling on us.

I always start with about a 3/16th's and work my way up. A longer but easier deal.

Like my old sig line...Give a lazy man a hard job and he'll find an easy way to do it.

Ed

Forget the 4x4 post, a floor jack is the chit man.

FLYINGLOW said:
Forget the 4x4 post, a floor jack is the chit man.

Nah, this is the easy and SAFE way to work underneath . . .

;)
JackTech.jpg

thats the beauty of having access to a mag drill!

3_puppies said:
thats the beauty of having access to a mag drill!

Did you every have one unplug and drop ? Heavy SOB !!!

Plowboy said:
got tired drilling up .

then get her to switch to doggy or missionary :)

mallred said:
Did you every have one unplug and drop ? Heavy SOB !!!

luckily no! that would definately leave a mark

'Forget the 4x4 post, a floor jack is the chit man.', Tried the floor jack first, not enough room between the floor and the drill to get the jack in. Old joke about drilling up, Hilery was always on top, cause Bill screw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom